Knights the movie "Fighting with my family"

knightmare

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lovely news this!  I have no affiliation with the Knights, nor any axe to grind, but I'm surprised at how shocked some people are that this is happening.  If the origin is simply that the Rock, stuck in the UK happened to stumble across the C4 doc then that's fortuitous, but what's clear if you watched the original documentary, is the Knight family story is much bigger than Paige's rise to the WWE, it transcends wrestling and I can honestly see this doing very, very well.

Especially considering the people getting involved.  I'm not a huge fan of Nick Frost, and had no idea he was a wrestling fan, but if so, that, along with the Rock's involvement and i'll confess right now a blind love of Stephen Merchant, suggest the people involved with this project want to do the material the best possible justice.

I think it's a really exciting project.  Very rare I say that about any film these days, but i'll be happy to part with a few bob to watch this when it comes out. which unless Expendables 4 happens anytime soon, will be the first time in ages I've said that.

Best of luck Ricky and family.  What an exciting time for you all. 

That said, I did chuckle at the suggestion our Adam might pop up for a cameo, please insist on an off camera "What do you mean that fucking cunt is running Leeds on the same night" being heard in the background at some point.

• Paid Members

When the Alan Partridge movie came out, there was a petition etc. for the world premiere to be in Norwich not London, and eventually it happened (officially, sort of - Coogan turned up to greet people on a red carpet going into a screening that started a little bit before the one in London, which he hopped in a helicopter to get to after he'd been in Norwich).

I'm thinking of doing likewise for this. Basically, I really want Dwayne to rock up (pun intended) in Anglia Square.

• Paid Members

I hope this is a real success, Ricky and Saraya work hard at what they do. The only match I have ever seen with actual crying in the crowd and heat like a nova involved Ricky Knight. Mind you the Suncastle at Skegness was always a special venue. It is also where I saw one of the bravest things ever. A drunk guy in his early 20s hit Bulk out of the UK Pitbulls full speed in the face with a blow up hammer. Bulk was livid and the bravery that the Knight family showed in dragging Bulk away before the idiot was murdered was remarkable.

Archived