Knights the movie "Fighting with my family"

knightmare

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This re Vaughn's casting from Rock's Instagram is interesting.  Let speculation begin...

He's playing a man who I know all too well and those of you who follow wrestling history know well too.
The 80's wrestling star who squandered his money and opportunities because he didn't have the capacity to handle his fame. One bad decision after another, but these days he owns his past actions and does everything he can to give back to the wrestling business he loves.

I want to say Jake? Know he has history in the UK, but you lot'll know better than I whether he was involved with the Knights at any stage.

• Paid Members

I want to say Jake? Know he has history in the UK, but you lot'll know better than I whether he was involved with the Knights at any stage.

He was. Did a fair bit of work for WAW when he was living over here. No showed a fair amount too...

It's got to be either Jake or Razor (who is currently WAW's commissioner, appears every couple of months.) I guess it depends where they 'end' the story (I'd pictured it being Paige becoming Divas Champion) as Hall is a relatively recent addition to the Knights' story, but it might be used to show where WAW are now.

Jake I could see being part of the narrative as "American star who was booked to attract people to shows at a low ebb for British wrestling, but let the promoters down".

Is this a "Based on" or is actors portraying real people? I mean, are Nick Frost and Cersei actually playing Ricky and Saraya or characters based on them?

Either way I'm really looking forward to it!

Lena Headeys said on Twitter that she is looking forward to playing Saraya so I guess they are portraying the real people.

Is this a "Based on" or is actors portraying real people? I mean, are Nick Frost and Cersei actually playing Ricky and Saraya or characters based on them?

Either way I'm really looking forward to it!

Lena Headeys said on Twitter that she is looking forward to playing Saraya so I guess they are portraying the real people.

Nice one, thanks for the answer!

• Paid Members

Good god, this is mental. Stephen Merchant writing & directing, The Rock & Film4 bankrolling it, Cersei frickin' Lannister playing Saraya! Vince Vaughan and Nick Frost are also big names in their own right. This is extraordinary. I really enjoyed the documentary, can't wait to see this.

In other casting news:

The Rock revealed on Instagram that Thea Trinidad will have a big role playing the Women's Champion.

She wrestled in TNA for a few years as Rosita and is Austin Aries' real life girlfriend.

Archived