Room 101 - The Tag Teams

Liam O'Rourke

If it erases everything they've ever done, then The Shield.

As they are now, I would be perfectly happy with no Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins on the roster. Yeah, The Shield were red hot for a while but when I think of who they actually got over, I can only think of that night Goldust and Cody went over them. The rest were all 6 man tags against shot-together teams.

When the turn happened, they turned the wrong guy and we got stuck with Seth HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA Rollins, a Dean Ambrose who comes off as lazy and dopey rather than mental, and a Roman Reigns who is forcing himself on us like Boydy on a pair of pillows.

All three have been world champions and it never got them or the belt any more over. In the short term they were fantastic, but overall to the product they're nothing and have done more harm than good in terms of drawing fans in.

Couldn't agree more.

Rollins has one setting - Snivelling Little Shit, whether he is heel or face

Ambrose pisse don his chips with that Austin podcast where he came across as obnoxious at best and arrogant at worst

As for Reigns, I'm just bored silly of him

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As they are now, I would be perfectly happy with no Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins on the roster. Yeah, The Shield were red hot for a while but when I think of who they actually got over, I can only think of that night Goldust and Cody went over them. The rest were all 6 man tags against shot-together teams.

When the turn happened, they turned the wrong guy and we got stuck with Seth HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA Rollins, a Dean Ambrose who comes off as lazy and dopey rather than mental, and a Roman Reigns who is forcing himself on us like Boydy on a pair of pillows.

All three have been world champions and it never got them or the belt any more over. In the short term they were fantastic, but overall to the product they're nothing and have done more harm than good in terms of drawing fans in.

Couldn't agree more.

Ambrose pisse don his chips with that Austin podcast where he came across as obnoxious at best and arrogant at worst

I remember when they were a team and everyone thought they'd be the future of the business. In a sense they are, it's just not how everyone expected or wanted. If all three got fired tomorrow, not much would change aside from they'd need a new guy in the Reigns spot.

Just wanted to thank everybody for the contributions - the show discussing Room 101 - Tag Teams, now available at the following link:

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/d7aa4j/SCG_Radio_112_-_Room_101_Tag_Teams.mp3

Join us as we look to debate which Tag Teams deserve to go into Room 101! Taking your nominations for duos you wish to banish to oblivion, the panel looks at the strengths and weaknesses of teams such as The Nasty Boys, The Bushwhackers, The New Day, Mexican America, Demolition, The Rock and Roll Express, The Ascension, Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki, The ShowGunns, Public Enemy, The New Dream Team, The Natural Disasters, The Legion of Doom, Kronik, and many many more. Oh, and of course, The Harris Boys. We try to separate the wheat from the chaff and dispose of the wretched refuse forevermore. A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

ShowGunns reminds me of a pairing I had to double check really existed and wasn't some kind of bizarre fever dream I had - Scotty 2 Hotty and Albert the Hip Hop Hippo

Couldn't agree more.

Rollins should be til this day the smart one, always one step ahead, always finding a way out or a way to win.

What they have turned him into is really terrible. Its like he has had a personality transplant and I'm not even talking about character development or gimmick change, he is the opposite of what he started out to be.

Ambrose needs a heel turn I think to save him a little and same could be said of Roman. 

I think the best thing for all three would be re-uniting again. Maybe Sanity/Wyatts for a few months would save them/re-ignite them again. 

I really think the Shield teases they did a while back and didn't deliver on (and Seth and Roman teaming like its no big deal) has really taken a lot of the zing out of a potential reunion. I loved the act, but they may have missed the point where it would have been huge. Unless they reunite them as heels one day.

• Paid Members

The fact RR didn't change his look after the split has taken a lot of the gloss off of any eventual reunion(in my opinion, of course).

The reaction that would have greeted them if they all came out in their Bossman starter kits, to their old music to take down a dominant heel trio would have been brill!

If the new rumoured HHH stable goes to plan and they can have them rough shotting raw for a while then a Shield return put of no where upon Rollins return could work. Joe, HHH and Owens against the Shield....yes please

Archived