Room 101 - The Tag Teams

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

I see they're the tag champions now, so have Gallows and Anderson improved any? I haven't watched RAW or any Pay Per View pre-shows in ages, but the last time I saw them they were the newest installment of supposedly-brilliant-in-Japan-but-actually-complete-shit. I'd have happily chucked them into Room 101.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've got a pick that I know will not go down well. Demolition. Their look is just fucking weird, they look like really fucked up pervs. I cannot believe that was allowed on day time tv, I feel uncomfortable watching a match of their back so I don't bother anymore. I would probably let them off if it was just Ax and Smash but once Crush joined their matches went down hill massively. Crush was a shit wrestler and always was. 

The problem you have there is that you're looking at them in the context of now. If they debuted now, I agree they would be seen as such, but back then they looked bad-ass because that's what was bad-ass in the 80s. Copying the look of the world's biggest rock group at the time made them look awesome to anyone in the crowd at WMIV. If you saw the gang members from the music video "Beat It" (who apparently were gang-members in real life) in the streets today, you'd be forgiven for thinking they were headed to G-A-Y.

Surely the Beverly Brothers should be a shoo-in for this? Supposed to be rich boys from Shaker Heights, but I thought they were circus performers or magicians' assistants or something.

I've got a pick that I know will not go down well. Demolition. Their look is just fucking weird, they look like really fucked up pervs. I cannot believe that was allowed on day time tv, I feel uncomfortable watching a match of their back so I don't bother anymore. I would probably let them off if it was just Ax and Smash but once Crush joined their matches went down hill massively. Crush was a shit wrestler and always was. 

The problem you have there is that you're looking at them in the context of now. If they debuted now, I agree they would be seen as such, but back then they looked bad-ass because that's what was bad-ass in the 80s. Copying the look of the world's biggest rock group at the time made them look awesome to anyone in the crowd at WMIV. If you saw the gang members from the music video "Beat It" (who apparently were gang-members in real life) in the streets today, you'd be forgiven for thinking they were headed to G-A-Y.

Crush was still a shit wrestler and post Ax and Smash Demolition was pretty shit.

For me i'd go Primo and Epico/ Los Matadores/The Shining Stars etc. Primo has been on WWE TV pretty much non stop now for 9 years which is incredible to me. Early on when he was teaming with Carlito there was some talent there. Then Carlito left and instead we've had Primo and Epico pretty much constantly teaming together since. None of their incarnations whether it be as Bull-Fighters or as Tour-Guides have been even remotely successful. The only decent part of Los Matadores was El Torito yet somehow he got released instead of those 2. The Shining Stars vignettes seemingly ran for months yet they debuted once again to crickets and since then they've done literally nothing. Just a waste of spots on the roster for the best part of ten years. 

• Paid Members

My turn to put out an unpopular view: I thought Crush was alright, and I was OK with Smash & Crush. Though for the life of me I couldn't tell you why.

For me it has to be the Nasty Boys

Even though they took part in some decent brawls in WCW before heading over to WWF,i hated everything about them.

Then to top it off they get chosen to dethrone my number 1 team,The Hart Foundation which only serves to further my insane hatred for them.

They never took part in any good matches under WWF imo and then Vince has the fantastic idea if turning them face!!

What on Earth were they thinking? the most unlikable two shitfucks now looking for cheers from fans.

Id rather watch Techno Team 2000 then these cretins

Man i fucking hate them

The boring, repetitive, adolescent new day can go into room 101. A tag team that is weaker than its individual parts and who entered the record books for the longest most uneventful tag team reign in week history.

It's a new day but the same old sh*t

• Paid Members

I have to say The New Day are definitely at the point for me now where they need banishing. The amount of drivel that spills out of them at every promo has me praying for a return of Los Boricuas, The Truth Commission, The Bashams or The Heartbreakers. At least I knew all of those fuckers were never going to win a game of rock, paper, scissors, never mind be able to bang on about a 400 something or other day title reign, that ended up less eventful than going to the local Women's Institute Craft evening.

I can't be having them. Their matches are good but it doesn't matter a damn as after I've listened to them for even 10 seconds, never mind 10 minutes, banging on about Booty and Unicorns or whatever else they've made up that morning, I want them to get hammered by any old pair of jobbers.

Don't even get me started on Xavier Woods and his gaming fetish. There's a problem when the longest reigning tag team champions in the company are bigger geeks than us headballs that watch the show to see the oily men in pants rolling around. Into 101 to fuck I say.

See, if by banishing New Day we lose ALL they ever contributed, I'd be saddened.

I quite enjoyed them from Summerslam 2015 up until Wrestlemania 32. They had moments as heels - since becoming face, they've been given very little. Perhaps the only thing I enjoyed was the feud with the Wyatt's and even that was a copy of 'Final Deletion'. Granted, their reign got very boring because they were 'suppossedly' only holding the straps to break the aforementioned Demolitions record. 

I for one feel Enzo and Cass (Sorry Old Man Jones) should have got the championships off them - or the Club should have won at Summerslam before they lost all credibility by the Rumble

surely the Hype Bros are worthy of a place? not so much the woo woo guy but the other bellend, with his fucking neon facepaint and annoying everything. Possibly made worse by the fact that at the time you had Enzo & Cass, Revival, Jordan & Gable etc all being great on NXT then these pillocks come out with their "we don't get hyped, we stay hyped" bollocks bouncing all over the place pretending to be excited about some unspecified event or other like they've had too much Sunny Delight, and then when they're in the ring they're shite with it (well, that mojo guy anyway) First Zack Ryder gets cancer then he gets lumped in with that fucktard wearing yellow t-shirts, poor bloke.

• Paid Members

The Major Brothers only became worth a damn when they turned into Edge's own version of Team Angle. As the Majors, they were shit.

Also, The Dicks.

Archived