Home Alone

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One night my parents went out and my brother tried to do some bacon. It caught fire under the grill and we didn't know what to do so rang 999. I swear, I just said "Some bacon is on fire on the grill, can you send someone with a fire extinguisher."

Five minutes later, a fully loaded fire engine and crew arrived with blue lights and sirens, evacuated us, went round every room in the house like a fucking swat team trying to find the fire. One bloke in full fire gear comes out holding our grill pan with cremated bacon and threw it on the front lawn. All the neighbours are out in the street watching this unfold, I missed the end of Raw, and just as I was getting a bollocking from the fire chief, a taxi pulls up with my parents in it.

A couple of years later, this girl at school had a house party for her 13 birthday while her parents were away. Never seen anything like it. It was just like that Harry Enfield sketch "Bigger boys came". Some older kids turned up and started smoking weed all over the house and stubbing it out on the carpet, loads of valuables got stolen, they mugged basically everyone that one of them didn't know, sprayed ketchup all over the walls, and someone pissed in her parents wardrobe... Just madness. I remember the Chinese kid from school was supposed to be staying at my house and ended up necking half a litre of vodka, spinning round on the patio, crashing into the garden fence and knocking himself unconscious. He ended up getting his stomach pumped in an ambulance and I was terrified of how I would explain to my mum where he'd gone.

I can't hear "Rewind" by Craig David to this day without shuddering at the horrors of this night. Never got into Kirsty's bra as was my mission for the night either.

Archived