Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Soapdish

Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Van Dammer said:

ROTR has been remoured to be 20+ minutes in length too when factoring in the nature of the 'pre-show' and actual ride so I really think there could be the longest queues ever seen.

Hourly capacity is the key thing rather than length of the attraction itself.  If you can push the numbers through with multiple ride vehicles, pre-show theatres etc, the length doesn't really matter.  It looks like Ratatouille in space for the main part and that loads relatively quickly in DLP.  The total attraction length is to make it feel like you've really left Black Spire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure it won’t, but I would love for it to be based on The Void technology (which I believe they bought out) as the Star Wars Void attraction was excellent, if expensive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New book coming in April from the makers of The Brits Guide to Orlando, Walt Disney World Hacks.  Read a preview of it and looks excellent.  

Big fan of the Brits Guide, find the Unnoficial Guide a bit cumbersome, but also useful.  What do you lot read for your Orlando goodness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

What do you lot read for your Orlando goodness?

Book wise, for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, The Unofficial Guides by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa (Touring Plans).

The DIS and DIS Unplugged
https://www.youtube.com/user/WDWINFO
https://www.youtube.com/user/DISUnplugged
https://www.wdwinfo.com/

Tim Tracker's Vlogs (mainly WDW and Orlando)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTimTracker

Disney Food Blog (largely WDW)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnpWedLQdHpZqhgTLdB9Yyg
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/

WDW Prep School
https://wdwprepschool.com/

EasyWDW
https://www.easywdw.com

MrCheezyPop's Vlogs (mainly DLR)
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrcheezypop

Fresh Baked Vlogs (mainly DLR)
https://www.youtube.com/user/FreshBakedDisney

Touring Plans (plus a sub to Touring Plans)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TouringPlans
https://touringplans.com

Edited by johnnyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I follow Tim Tracker for Orlando, he and his wife live the lives that I would absolute love!

DFBGuide I cannot stand, the woman irritates the shit out of me. The way that the woman narrator goes "uhmm...." as if she is spontaneously narrating her clearly scripted videos grates on me. Go back and watch just one, she does it at least once a minute. Now I have pointed it out, it will never not be heard by you.

On a different topic, seeing as I'm going to Wrestlemania, which just so happens to be in New York, it would be remiss of me, as a theme park geek, not to check out Luna Park at Coney Island. Looking forward to giving that place a go, seeing as it is such a big, traditional park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mat said:

DFBGuide I cannot stand, the woman irritates the shit out of me. The way that the woman narrator goes "uhmm...." as if she is spontaneously narrating her clearly scripted videos grates on me. Go back and watch just one, she does it at least once a minute. Now I have pointed it out, it will never not be heard by you.

One day I will marry AJ from DFB.  The "win" gimmick they've started this year is the one thing that grates on their videos for me, but I can live with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mat said:

On a different topic, seeing as I'm going to Wrestlemania, which just so happens to be in New York, it would be remiss of me, as a theme park geek, not to check out Luna Park at Coney Island. Looking forward to giving that place a go, seeing as it is such a big, traditional park.

That's a place that I would like to visit for a different reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours of a major incident at Disneyland Paris are mostly untrue. There was an issue with an escalator which made noises which sounded like an explosion. Police were called and they had to lock down the Disney Village error as a precaution. In the end everything thing was found to be fine and people were allowed back to their hotels  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re currently on day 2 of 6 at Universal and both Studios and Islands are dead quiet. We did 14 rides yesterday and 15 today and didn’t queue for a single one. If I’d have bought Express Pases I’d be mighty pissed off.

We just did Jimmy Fallon and were the only 2 in the holding area, so the Ragtime Gals came out and gave us a private performance for a good ten minutes or so. No idea why it’s so quiet, but it’s great! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

We’re currently on day 2 of 6 at Universal and both Studios and Islands are dead quiet. We did 14 rides yesterday and 15 today and didn’t queue for a single one. If I’d have bought Express Pases I’d be mighty pissed off.

We just did Jimmy Fallon and were the only 2 in the holding area, so the Ragtime Gals came out and gave us a private performance for a good ten minutes or so. No idea why it’s so quiet, but it’s great! 

I always advise against an express pass there as I have never even contemplated having one. Never had the need. I know some hotels you get one, but I found with early park admission you just don't need one, especially if you are there for more then 3 days as the only big queues you get are for Potter. I think a lot of people are holding of for June when the new Hagrid coaster opens.

Any favorite attractions so far?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 days to go and we're only really looking at fast passes for the more popular Disney stuff, not even thinking about getting any for Universal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I always advise against an express pass there as I have never even contemplated having one. Never had the need. I know some hotels you get one, but I found with early park admission you just don't need one, especially if you are there for more then 3 days as the only big queues you get are for Potter. I think a lot of people are holding of for June when the new Hagrid coaster opens.

Any favorite attractions so far?  

I think you might be right. When we first came in April 2017 we stayed onsite and got Express Included. We came back in August the same year and stayed on I-Drive and did single rider for most stuff as we’d done it all before and so didn’t mind being in different cars.

We're back here in August for a week and will be staying onsite again, so the Express May come in handy as folk may be holding off as you say.

I was actually gutted they knocked Duelling Dragons down as it was superb, and always easy and quick to get on. But, we love Hulk and The Mummy.

Even though we’ve ridden everything many times over, we’re still loving the rides. We’ve been surprised at how little we remember about rides like Spider-Man, Kong and Transformers so they still feel fresh.

Also, we’re both huge Fast and Furious fans and despite the negative reviews of the new ride, we were really looking forward to it as it was new and we felt it “couldn’t be that bad”.

We were wrong. Utterly terrible and a huge waste of valuable space, money and time. The park owners must be looking at it and thinking how much more they could’ve done with it. I’m sure I read it’s a copy of the ride from Hollywood, which makes it even more baffling as they surely already knew it was crap. The theming is pretty good though, so there’s that.

My wife got an annual photo package on Black Friday for £60. So far, that’s been one of the true highlights and we’re having loads of fun having silly amounts of photos taken. We’ve had over 60 taken in 2 days, so already less than £1 a go, plus we can use it when we’re back in August. I’d you can get a deal on it, I’d highly recommend doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I think you might be right. When we first came in April 2017 we stayed onsite and got Express Included. We came back in August the same year and stayed on I-Drive and did single rider for most stuff as we’d done it all before and so didn’t mind being in different cars.

We're back here in August for a week and will be staying onsite again, so the Express May come in handy as folk may be holding off as you say.

I was actually gutted they knocked Duelling Dragons down as it was superb, and always easy and quick to get on. But, we love Hulk and The Mummy.

Even though we’ve ridden everything many times over, we’re still loving the rides. We’ve been surprised at how little we remember about rides like Spider-Man, Kong and Transformers so they still feel fresh.

Also, we’re both huge Fast and Furious fans and despite the negative reviews of the new ride, we were really looking forward to it as it was new and we felt it “couldn’t be that bad”.

We were wrong. Utterly terrible and a huge waste of valuable space, money and time. The park owners must be looking at it and thinking how much more they could’ve done with it. I’m sure I read it’s a copy of the ride from Hollywood, which makes it even more baffling as they surely already knew it was crap. The theming is pretty good though, so there’s that.

My wife got an annual photo package on Black Friday for £60. So far, that’s been one of the true highlights and we’re having loads of fun having silly amounts of photos taken. We’ve had over 60 taken in 2 days, so already less than £1 a go, plus we can use it when we’re back in August. I’d you can get a deal on it, I’d highly recommend doing it.

I think we will. The Whole podcast crew are coming out in September for a long weekend to do HHN 29. So a photopass should be a good laugh. As soon as they confirmed the same film from the F&F tram tour part in Hollywood I knew it would be awful, especially as it was already out of date there. Just shoddy effort. Roll on the 3rd gate

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...