181 replies to this topic

#121 Thunderplex

Thunderplex

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 18:58

Epcot is the park that sounds like it's going to be shite, but turns out to be great. Not heavy on the rides, but some great experiences. It's not a park where you just turn up and the entertainment is there, you have to look for it, especially in World Showcase, and when you find it, it's amazing.
machobaby8urbw9.jpg

#122 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 20:22

And it has Test Track, one of my favourite rides. But I so love going around the world and of course sampling one of the worlds greatest drinks in Beverly

Please checkout my podcasts about Disney, Universal and Pop Culture right here

https://theafterdarknetwork.com/ 

#123 herbie747

herbie747

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 20:55

And it has Test Track, one of my favourite rides. But I so love going around the world and of course sampling one of the worlds greatest drinks in Beverly

Soarin' is amazing too.

My personal music project:
The Sonic Saloon

If you like a rock/metal/blues fusion, give it a listen. Regular updates & new songs posted on my Facebook Page.

#124 Thunderplex

Thunderplex

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 22:16

Read all about Beverly before we went. Got the camcorder ready for when my wife took a sip, and..... she loved it. Gutted.
machobaby8urbw9.jpg

#125 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:06

Soarin' is amazing too.
Not so much since the new film and crappy CGI locations

Though Patrick Warburton is still there so not all doom and gloom

Read all about Beverly before we went. Got the camcorder ready for when my wife took a sip, and..... she loved it. Gutted.
And you are still married.... 😉

Edited by Nick Soapdish, 13 February 2017 - 01:06.

#126 Monkee

Monkee

In Training

• Paid Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:22

The only rides I like at EPCOT are Test Track and Mission: Space - still can't figure out how they do all those effects though. I know it's some sort of centrifuge system but it's amazing how they do the weightlessness effect. Soarin' is pants though. I queued for about 2 hours to go on it not long after it opened and it was the biggest disappointment ever.

Edit: just found a great article explaining the mechanics of Mission: Space. Brilliant.

Edited by Monkee, 13 February 2017 - 04:32.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

#127 Van Dammer

Van Dammer

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 13:46

Has anyone every done the Horror Nights at Universal?

Were wondering about whether to bother with it. From what ive seen on videos and pics the houses are pretty impressive as far as their design and quality but ultimately it is basically people jumping out on you for cheap scares? Considering the extra cost on top of already high ticket prices and I hear there are huge queues for a lot of stuff im thinking against it currently. Anyone think theyre a must?

#128 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 14:17

Were wondering about whether to bother with it. From what ive seen on videos and pics the houses are pretty impressive as far as their design and quality but ultimately it is basically people jumping out on you for cheap scares? Considering the extra cost on top of already high ticket prices and I hear there are huge queues for a lot of stuff im thinking against it currently. Anyone think theyre a must?

I almost shit myself and my wife wanted to leave after half an hour

yeah, its worth experiencing for sure

#129 Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 20:16

Been to HHN three times (2009,2011 and 2013) loved it everytime. I would recommend getting the express passes if you want to see everything, unless you go on a night after Halloween itself as then the queues and crowds are quite thin.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz, 14 February 2017 - 20:35.

#130 Otto Dem Wanz

Otto Dem Wanz

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 20:17

Hey theme park experts, where's the best place to buy tickets for the theme parks and attractions in Orlando?

I'm keen to get to Discovery Cove in particular - is their own website the best option for booking or is it possible to get discounts elsewhere?

cu8qMDR.png

"I've had five..."

"I've eaten six!"

#131 Van Dammer

Van Dammer

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 21:29

Ive not had to book Discovery Cove myself but ive generally been checking out FloridaTix.com and Orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk. They seem to compete against each other and are generally the cheapest.

Im still not sure on HHN so we may decide at the time as to whether we want to try it. It seems like a cool little extra for a lot of extra dollar.

#132 Thunderplex

Thunderplex

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 22:55

Attraction Tickets Direct have always been great for me.
machobaby8urbw9.jpg

#133 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:01

I did discovery cove 10 years ago. You don't spend long with the dolphins but it's magical. Plus you have the other Pools with Rays and other fish you can see. Have a huge lazy river and bird section where you can feed them. All your food and drink was included in the price, including Beer. Just leave the beer until you have finished all swimming you want to do

Edited by Nick Soapdish, 15 February 2017 - 08:01.

#134 Otto Dem Wanz

Otto Dem Wanz

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:25

Thanks all, as it happens there's not much difference between those sites and the official one but I appreciate the replies nonetheless.

cu8qMDR.png

"I've had five..."

"I've eaten six!"

#135 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

Inter-Continental Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:09

Thanks all, as it happens there's not much difference between those sites and the official one but I appreciate the replies nonetheless.

Check them out via your cashback site of choice as well. There's normally a small percentage back via quidco or top cashback. 3 percent of a family ticket will get you a few Mickey bars.
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007/2008/2009
NFL Predictions League Champion 2008/2014