• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#151 Monkee

Monkee

In Training

• Paid Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 23:28

The Star Wars Dessert Party sounds amazing! I definitely want to do this. As we're staying nearby too it means we can get a cab and I can have a drink or two (I'm the only driver). We did CityWalk once but it was expensive in a taxi. I'm looking at the reservations calendar though and it doesn't go past April. Any idea if it's something they'll continue doing?

Edited by Monkee, 18 February 2017 - 23:29.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

#152 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

Inter-Continental Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:11

I'm looking at the reservations calendar though and it doesn't go past April. Any idea if it's something they'll continue doing?

They've only been releasing them about a month at a time, much to the chagrin of some Disney planning forums, but they've been running solidly (apart from the break over Christmas where Star Wars was replaced by a Christmas themed "Jingle Bells Jingle BAM!" show).

Being on the guided tour gets you marginally earlier access to the puddings and the viewing area, but everyone at the party gets behind the velvet rope.  The carbonite frozen (liquid nitrogen) Nutella is great stuff.  I just filled my boots on Diet Coke, but my Mrs covered my share of the booze.  As I'd been on the guided tour all afternoon I didn't really feel that hungry so couldn't attack the puds with the ferocity that I had hoped for.  Space debris bread-puddling, flash frozen Nutella, and 2 mini cupcakes were all I could manage :(

The viewing area 1) saves you having to stake a space out beforehand.  People started laying down their towels after the final Galaxy Far, Far Away show of the day - so a good 2 hours before. 2) gives you a really good spot.  You can get closer if you stake a spot, but you're able to take more in from the reserved area.

Rjy48U9.jpg?1

There's an excellent Star Wars at Hollywood Studios thread on the DISBoard, which is down at the minute.

http://www.disboards...-bay-jt.3439569

If the direct link doesn't work it's in this sub-forum:

http://www.disboards...display.php?f=2

NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007/2008/2009
NFL Predictions League Champion 2008/2014