Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

He's already scoped out the Popeyes!

Quite true :) Thanks for the additional recommendations, I'll be budgeting for two meals a day (American portion sizes being what they are) so it really helps to have some choices already illustrated for me. I'm a huge carnivore so that steakhouse sounds a great shout and I first heard of orange chicken on the Big Bang Theory and Wendy's from Jim Cornette's shoot interviews so there's no way I'm not trying those.

two meals a day is wise. We used to breakfast and Dinner (or what northerners call tea). Just had a snack for lunch or an ice cream. Cannot speak for the other, but Texas De Brazil is a bit smart casual (it even has a cigar bar, no Cubans) but the meat is amazing in their. So so good.

I miss the good old days when I could just go into London for a Wendy's... sniff. Also General Tso's chicken is the one from Panda Express, in my opinion anyway

• Paid Members

Also, we went to Seasons 52 a couple of years ago. It rotates its menu according to what's in season.

I'm baffled by this being a feature. This is what restaurants are supposed to do.

This restaurant changes its entire menu every 3 months. What restaurants do you know that does this?

• Paid Members

I think over here is more the independent restaurants who do the seasonal changes. The chains dish up the usual stuff year round. A place near us called Albert's is changing to a spring menu soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I just (finally!) managed to book tickets for the Star Wars Dessert Party. I've been waiting for dates in June to become available and they finally showed up last night. Can't wait for this!

On another note, has anyone seen the advert for the new Derren Brown ride at Thorpe Park? I think I'd literally shit myself. Definitely not something I'm interested in going on.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Monkee said:

I just (finally!) managed to book tickets for the Star Wars Dessert Party. I've been waiting for dates in June to become available and they finally showed up last night. Can't wait for this!

On another note, has anyone seen the advert for the new Derren Brown ride at Thorpe Park? I think I'd literally shit myself. Definitely not something I'm interested in going on.

I am not sure if it has changed much, but the ride they opened last year (Ghost Train?) was supposedly quite iffy.

That Star Wars Party sounds great. Disneyland Paris are doing two Star Wars nights (5/6 May, missing a trick there) for the opening of Hyperspace Mountain. It is €49.99 and open 5-1am and sounds awesome, but have no-one to go with boo-hoo

• Paid Members

I think the Star Wars Dessert Party will be even better this year with the increase of Star Wars stuff at Magic Kingdom.

in other Disney News, my friends have received their official invite to the pre-opening event to Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom.  They received a box in the post yesterday with a DVD, tickets, press passes and a load of other goodies, jammy buggers.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Thunderplex said:

I think the Star Wars Dessert Party will be even better this year with the increase of Star Wars stuff at Magic Kingdom.

in other Disney News, my friends have received their official invite to the pre-opening event to Avatar Land at Animal Kingdom.  They received a box in the post yesterday with a DVD, tickets, press passes and a load of other goodies, jammy buggers.

blimey how they wrangle that? A friend of mine has an annual pass (his daughter is working in the UK Pavillion at the moment) so has got a pass for the AP previews I think are the week before official opening

• Paid Members

Volcano Bay looks awesome.  It's a shame that Wet and Wild is gone, but it would have gone to seed due to Volcano Bay being virtually across the road.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, scratchdj said:

We've just spent four days at Universal, hopping between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Never been before and the wife and I have had an absolute blast. We get onboard the Oasis of the Seas tomorrow for a week round the Caribbean before heading home.

For what it's worth, here is my list of favourite rides in order of best to worst:

1. The Mummy Returns

2. Hulk

3. Dragon's Challenge Red

4. Dragon's Challenge Blue

5. Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts

6. Jurassic Park

7. Harry Potter: Forbidden Journey

8. Rip Ride Rockit

9. Spider-Man

10. Men in Black

11. Minions

12. Kong

13. Transformers

14. Jimmy Fallon

15. Flight of the Hipogryph

16. Simpsons

17. Dr Doom Drop (really is utter rubbish)

18. ET (surprised to see this hasn't been knocked down yet!)

You maybe the only person ever to rate Forbidden Journey less then Gringots. Also Spider-Man so low....

as to ET that's because Stephen Spielberg says it has to stay. He is under contract with Universal Studios and they have to have a certain amount of attractions of his films open in the parks. Funnily enough we just talked about that in the latest episode of Universal After Dark podcast (cheap plug)

Edited by Nick Soapdish
Forgot something

That is definitely a list of a more traditional coaster fan. Personally, I prefer the simulator rides like Spiderman, Transformers and Simpsons, I just enjoy the technology and impressiveness of them. I would, however, still agree that The Mummy is the best ride across both parks and the last 2 or 3 times ive been there you could just walk straight onto it.

The Spielberg agreement is crazy, I dont know the in's and out's of it like some but its a seriously impressive deal that Spielberg got himself when the parks were in creation and makes him an even richer man each and every year. Im guessing the agreement isnt what it once was though since BTTF and Jaws are no more.