Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

I'm really hoping Tower of Terror remains intact for my trip, it's probably my favourite ride when considering the theming, atmosphere and the actual ride. I guess it will change in a few years time once the Hollywood update has been completed.

I believe Disney aren't allowed to use the characters that Universal use in their Florida parks without paying for it or waiting for the agreement to end, which is quite a lot really.

• Paid Members

Tower of Terror in WDW is one of the landmark rides of Hollywood Studios, still ever so popular, so I can't see it changing for a long time. I'll never go on the bastard again though, nearly shit myself. Sat next to a six year old who just stared at me and laughed at my girlish screaming throughout.

• Paid Members

Whats the recent dealing with Disney getting marvel back from uni in Florida? 

I know they are busy retheming the tower of terror over in Cali will we see this happening in orlando anytime soon? 

Marvel we're so financially buggered in the 90's that the theme park deal for Orlando was very reasonable but had so many poor clauses in it such as if a character is used anywhere in the island, no other theme park east of the Mississippi can use it and, my favourite, the contract is for as long as universal are happy to renew!

What is interesting is that universal now shift so much merchandise in their stores that disney are still doing ok with the deal, but not as much as they could with their own properties. As far as anyone is aware Guardians is not featured in the restaurant on their walls that Guardians is fair game. Music to the ears of Disney as its one of the most popular franchises.

However, you never know if a deal could be cut in the future just not anytime soon.

I know they are busy retheming the tower of terror over in Cali will we see this happening in orlando anytime soon?

As far as I know Disney cannot use certain Marvel charcters, theming for rides etc on the East Coast of America. There was something on a forum a few years ago (around the time of the initial success of Harry Potter) stating that Disney was considering buying the theme park rights from Universal, but I'm guessing they baulked at the asking price.

However, Guardians of the Galaxy is rumoured to be coming to EPCOT to replace the Wonders of Life Pavilion. Although I am not against Guardians per say, it is a shame that a park like EPCOT is loosing its identity.

Frozen has proved how popular sticking an IP in Epcot can be. Big rumours of Ratatouille being copied from DLP to the French pavilion 

Tower of Terror in WDW is one of the landmark rides of Hollywood Studios, still ever so popular, so I can't see it changing for a long time. I'll never go on the bastard again though, nearly shit myself. Sat next to a six year old who just stared at me and laughed at my girlish screaming throughout.

I'm with you. I love and hate it equally but the WDW version is so much better then the others so had no concerns with the DL version changing. We did an interview, around October I think, with Mark Silverman who dubbed Rod Sterling for the ToT attraction. Really good insight if you are interested in that attraction. Episode 108 of DaD https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/disafterdark/id/4787814

Edited by Nick Soapdish

Marvel we're so financially buggered in the 90's that the theme park deal for Orlando was very reasonable but had so many poor clauses in it such as if a character is used anywhere in the island, no other theme park east of the Mississippi can use it and, my favourite, the contract is for as long as universal are happy to renew!

What is interesting is that universal now shift so much merchandise in their stores that disney are still doing ok with the deal, but not as much as they could with their own properties. As far as anyone is aware Guardians is not featured in the restaurant on their walls that Guardians is fair game. Music to the ears of Disney as its one of the most popular franchises.

However, you never know if a deal could be cut in the future just not anytime soon.

As far as I know Disney cannot use certain Marvel charcters, theming for rides etc on the East Coast of America. There was something on a forum a few years ago (around the time of the initial success of Harry Potter) stating that Disney was considering buying the theme park rights from Universal, but I'm guessing they baulked at the asking price.

However, Guardians of the Galaxy is rumoured to be coming to EPCOT to replace the Wonders of Life Pavilion. Although I am not against Guardians per say, it is a shame that a park like EPCOT is loosing its identity.

Frozen has proved how popular sticking an IP in Epcot can be. Big rumours of Ratatouille being copied from DLP to the French pavilion 

I'm with you. I love and hate it equally but the WDW version is so much better then the others so had no concerns with the DL version changing. We did an interview, around October I think, with Mark Silverman who dubbed Rod Sterling for the ToT attraction. Really good insight if you are interested in that attraction. Episode 108 of DaD https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/disafterdark/id/4787814

Ratatouille has been rumoured for a while around the same time they were talking about the Monsters Inc. door rollercoaster for Hollywood Studios. I think I am just a traditonalist when it comes to EPCOT.

Ratatouille at Paris is pretty good, like a more family friendly version of the Spiderman and Transformers rides you get at Universal, im surprised it hasn't been brought over already. 

Ive never got EPCOT, we've rarely been back to it after our first few visits. I always feel like its really outdated and bland with very little to do. The world showcase is fine if you want to spend your day at a theme park eating and drinking but id rather enjoy actual attractions and they're very limited. I suppose that has changed a bit recently but its still my least favourite park in Orlando. I was shocked to see that its something like the 2nd or 3rd most visit theme park in the world though so there must be something im missing?

• Paid Members

Theyve already done the golf ball - Death Star thing, although not permanently. It was done with lighting as part of a fireworks and lights show. Id be surprised if they planned to permanently change it.

Ah. That must have been it. Is there a video of this event?

• Paid Members

Epcot is the park that sounds like it's going to be shite, but turns out to be great. Not heavy on the rides, but some great experiences. It's not a park where you just turn up and the entertainment is there, you have to look for it, especially in World Showcase, and when you find it, it's amazing.

• Paid Members

And it has Test Track, one of my favourite rides. But I so love going around the world and of course sampling one of the worlds greatest drinks in Beverly

Read all about Beverly before we went. Got the camcorder ready for when my wife took a sip, and..... she loved it. Gutted.