Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I am going to Galaxies Edge on the 29th September.

Fast passes booked for ToT, Muppetvision and Indiana Jones (thanks new FP Tiers). Slinky was all gone, but as it's me and a mate going, were going to try and single rider it. 

Cantina reservation at 1pm and then we will try and single rider Smugglers Run if the regular queue is more then 90 minutes.

Is there a way of booking single day tickets for WDW in advance? We're going to Orlando in November but only for a couple of days either side of a Disney cruise so we don't need the 14 day super mega park tickets that Attraction Tickets are so intent on flogging me. I managed to find the day ticket costs somewhere but I can't get the tickets for the life of me. Any ideas? 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Is there a way of booking single day tickets for WDW in advance? We're going to Orlando in November but only for a couple of days either side of a Disney cruise so we don't need the 14 day super mega park tickets that Attraction Tickets are so intent on flogging me. I managed to find the day ticket costs somewhere but I can't get the tickets for the life of me. Any ideas? 

Exactly what I did. You have to get on the american Disney site. It is a ball ache because it keeps trying to put you back into the UK one. My day ticket for Hollywood Studios was $120 plus tax.

At the top of the page you can change the language. Just choose US and it will stop diverting you back https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

16 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Exactly what I did. You have to get on the american Disney site. It is a ball ache because it keeps trying to put you back into the UK one. My day ticket for Hollywood Studios was $120 plus tax.

At the top of the page you can change the language. Just choose US and it will stop diverting you back https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Nice one, cheers. I'd have never though of doing that in a million years. Although for 5 of us and with the exchange rate it's looking like we'd be better off just buying the 14 day one from the UK site after all.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Nice one, cheers. I'd have never though of doing that in a million years. Although for 5 of us and with the exchange rate it's looking like we'd be better off just buying the 14 day one from the UK site after all.

We get a stupid good deal in the uk. If your going for more then 1 day, it probably is better. Or they have the mid day tickets now where you have to buy 2 days minimum 

• Awards Moderator

I thought I was being taken on a trip to London this week for my birthday, but it turns out we’re actually only there to jump on the Eurostar for two days at Disneyland Paris! . Any suggestions for nicest places to eat while I go nuts about Star Tours?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I thought I was being taken on a trip to London this week for my birthday, but it turns out we’re actually only there to jump on the Eurostar for two days at Disneyland Paris! Big surprise as my other half can’t stand theme parks. Any suggestions for nicest places to eat so she can enjoy something while I go nuts about Star Tours?

You’l love Space Mountain even more!

Walt’s or California Grill are the “nicest” in the Park, though I think Walt’s is currently closed. Toad Hall or the Marionette in Fantasyland do great quick food. Videopolis in discoveryland as well or The Silver Spur or Funte del Oro in Frontierland.  Cowboy cookout is good too. And the Agrrabah Cafe or Plaza Gardens do great buffets.

outside the park, in the village, head to the left of World of Disney store and there is Vapianos which I love and 5 guys. To the right, Earl of Sandwich and McDonalds are nice and pretty cheap. They have a McCafe to get nice cakes. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

Bistrot Chez Remy where you're shrunk down to the size of a rat, but it's in the Walt Disney Studios Park rather than Disneyland itself.  If either of you like princesses then Auberge de Cendrillon is fantastic (but expensive).  However, you may struggle to get in to either of those without a reservation but it can't hurt to ask.

Some of these are downright awful suggestions.  Videopolis is a substandard hamburger in an aircraft hangar.  McDonalds?  I like the curry Chicken sandwich thing that French McDonalds do but in no way can a McD's be a nice place to eat and even the Earl isn't really a nice you're a superstar meal.  Thanks for taking me to Disneyland Paris love, have a toasted sandwich?

I said they were nice and pretty cheap, wind your neck in. Videopolis was suggested because it’s near star tours and the burgers aren’t the worst, but not exactly gourmet.

for someone who doesn’t like theme parks I purposely left out AdC, Inventions and Cafe Mickey as I guess spending 70 euros ahead wouldn’t be a good suggestion if you don’t want character dining

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

They're "cheap" by Disneyland Paris standards.  To say they're nice is stretching the word beyond the point of breaking.

Bullshit. Nice isn’t great, amazing, wonderful or excellent is it? Talk about splitting hairs.

here you go McDonalds is 2/5 and Earl of Sandwich a 2.5/5. As is Videopolis. The rest are 3 and above, all better then nice

@HarmonicGenerator Earl is like a hot food version of Subway. Better quality and they have awesome brownies and a bigger menu in the evening.

marrionette sells Bratwursts and such. Toad Hall, fish and chips. Videopolis do Burgers and fries. Silverspur does Steaks, Cowboy Cookout is BBQ. The buffets have lots of food options.

vapianos do Pizza, pasta Salads and Risottos. Chef Remy is slightly gourmet steak type food. Cafe Mickeys food is pretty poor but you meet characters which is either a good or bad thing.

rides you wanna hit, two Star Wars ones, big Thunder and Pirates. In the Studios, Tower of Terror, Crush, Ratatouille and try and see The Mickey and the Magician show. There is a lion King one in Frontierland which is supposed to be great. Also, try and hit crush early as it gets long queues

Edited by Hannibal Scorch