Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

16 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

How long do the aficionados among you recommend waiting before going to Galaxy’s Edge? It is the one and only thing that will convince my other half to set foot in a theme park and for my part, after reading the EW report on it, I’d happily spend my entire life there. Obviously the first few months will be crazy busy but how long is that initial hype likely to last?

Honestly, I dont see this dying down for 2-3 years at least. Pandora still sees mega long queues, regularly hitting 3 hours and thats been open nearly 2 years. I think even in 5 years these rides will be the longest waits in Orlando.

If you just mean the initial buzz dying down and just having elbow room in the land, id probably hold off until after next summer if you can wait that long.

Edited by Van Dammer

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Flights of Passage does not have a particularly high hourly ride capacity which exacerbates the issue.  Smugglers Run is set to have about 20% more riders per hour than FoP and it's a pure queue, at least initially.  No Fast Pass/Max Pass/Fast Pass+ so the standby queue won't be building while Fast Pass riders shoot through.  But yeah, the queues will be huge for this for years to come.

If both rides are up by the time we're in Disneyland (2 months after initial opening) we're prepared to dedicate a day to each one due to abject fanaticism.

True, although the capacity on these rides have had conflicting reports. ROTR has been remoured to be 20+ minutes in length too when factoring in the nature of the 'pre-show' and actual ride so I really think there could be the longest queues ever seen.

• Paid Members

New book coming in April from the makers of The Brits Guide to Orlando, Walt Disney World Hacks.  Read a preview of it and looks excellent.  

Big fan of the Brits Guide, find the Unnoficial Guide a bit cumbersome, but also useful.  What do you lot read for your Orlando goodness?

I follow Tim Tracker for Orlando, he and his wife live the lives that I would absolute love!

DFBGuide I cannot stand, the woman irritates the shit out of me. The way that the woman narrator goes "uhmm...." as if she is spontaneously narrating her clearly scripted videos grates on me. Go back and watch just one, she does it at least once a minute. Now I have pointed it out, it will never not be heard by you.

On a different topic, seeing as I'm going to Wrestlemania, which just so happens to be in New York, it would be remiss of me, as a theme park geek, not to check out Luna Park at Coney Island. Looking forward to giving that place a go, seeing as it is such a big, traditional park.

2 hours ago, Mat said:

On a different topic, seeing as I'm going to Wrestlemania, which just so happens to be in New York, it would be remiss of me, as a theme park geek, not to check out Luna Park at Coney Island. Looking forward to giving that place a go, seeing as it is such a big, traditional park.

That's a place that I would like to visit for a different reason.

• Paid Members

Rumours of a major incident at Disneyland Paris are mostly untrue. There was an issue with an escalator which made noises which sounded like an explosion. Police were called and they had to lock down the Disney Village error as a precaution. In the end everything thing was found to be fine and people were allowed back to their hotels  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

We’re currently on day 2 of 6 at Universal and both Studios and Islands are dead quiet. We did 14 rides yesterday and 15 today and didn’t queue for a single one. If I’d have bought Express Pases I’d be mighty pissed off.

We just did Jimmy Fallon and were the only 2 in the holding area, so the Ragtime Gals came out and gave us a private performance for a good ten minutes or so. No idea why it’s so quiet, but it’s great! 

I always advise against an express pass there as I have never even contemplated having one. Never had the need. I know some hotels you get one, but I found with early park admission you just don't need one, especially if you are there for more then 3 days as the only big queues you get are for Potter. I think a lot of people are holding of for June when the new Hagrid coaster opens.

Any favorite attractions so far?  

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I think you might be right. When we first came in April 2017 we stayed onsite and got Express Included. We came back in August the same year and stayed on I-Drive and did single rider for most stuff as we’d done it all before and so didn’t mind being in different cars.

We're back here in August for a week and will be staying onsite again, so the Express May come in handy as folk may be holding off as you say.

I was actually gutted they knocked Duelling Dragons down as it was superb, and always easy and quick to get on. But, we love Hulk and The Mummy.

Even though we’ve ridden everything many times over, we’re still loving the rides. We’ve been surprised at how little we remember about rides like Spider-Man, Kong and Transformers so they still feel fresh.

Also, we’re both huge Fast and Furious fans and despite the negative reviews of the new ride, we were really looking forward to it as it was new and we felt it “couldn’t be that bad”.

We were wrong. Utterly terrible and a huge waste of valuable space, money and time. The park owners must be looking at it and thinking how much more they could’ve done with it. I’m sure I read it’s a copy of the ride from Hollywood, which makes it even more baffling as they surely already knew it was crap. The theming is pretty good though, so there’s that.

My wife got an annual photo package on Black Friday for £60. So far, that’s been one of the true highlights and we’re having loads of fun having silly amounts of photos taken. We’ve had over 60 taken in 2 days, so already less than £1 a go, plus we can use it when we’re back in August. I’d you can get a deal on it, I’d highly recommend doing it.

I think we will. The Whole podcast crew are coming out in September for a long weekend to do HHN 29. So a photopass should be a good laugh. As soon as they confirmed the same film from the F&F tram tour part in Hollywood I knew it would be awful, especially as it was already out of date there. Just shoddy effort. Roll on the 3rd gate

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Were in Orlando for a stopover day in early December and staying at the Royal Pacific. Im hoping the express pass for staying onsite will allow us to do virtually everything in the day were there, including the Hagrid ride, although im not sure whether that will be included in Express by that point or not.

So while in New York for a small wrestling event this week, I took a trip down to Coney Island.

First off the area is beautiful and I really chose a beautiful day for it.

Seeing and riding the iconic Cyclone wooden rollercoaster that has stood since 1927 was very good!

73-C66-EB3-B367-4-A61-8514-3-F6580965-F9

Edited by Mat

• Paid Members

That’s superb. As a kid I remember seeing an advert for Universal Studios after it had opened. I was obsessed with Kong and seeing s clip from the ride was the first time I ever said I want to go to a theme park. I never got there as my parents wouldn’t fly. I finally got my chance in 2007, years after to go knowing it was gone and it was my biggest regret not getting there to see it (even if the Mummy is a superb ride). I had started to plan an LA trip to see their version of Kongfrontation when it burnt down and took half of Hill Valley with it. When I got to ride Skull Island and saw the new animatronic I almost cried, even though it wasn’t the same. And fuck the haters, I think it’s a good attraction.

ive only been evacuated once and that was on Ratatouille. That wasn’t as cool as this