Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

PUNKSTEP'S DISNEYLAND PARIS HOT TIP: If you are going for 5 days, go from Sunday-Thursday rather than Monday-Friday. I did this 2 years ago and I saved about £300 (for a family of 4). I checked prices earlier this week and it still applies.

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Don’t get too excited. It’s likely to be a copy of the Arthur ride. I’m sure it will be fun, but not as thrilling as those attractions. At least it’s not all screens again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_–_The_Ride

I think that was the original rumour but theres a guy on twitter called Bioreconstruct who does fly overs of the parks and posts aerial shots so we now know its going to be more of a launched mine cart style ride with several show scenes and animatronics, a drop track etc. There also building a massive new extension of the Hogwarts facade that you'll 'crash' through. It won't be a thrill coasting like Duelling Dragaons, but it looks like a really good mix of mild thrills and show scenes etc.

DmhpHOfUUAEzImu.jpg:large

THIS is also a great video by a park insider who usually gets things spot on.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

At the end of two weeks at pop century. Had a really good time, but lord help this place when they open Star Wars. Was lucky enough to fast pass everything we wanted to go on. Toy story land was running at 160min for slinky as was avatar. The buses are super loaded and getting though bag search takes a good 30 mins

I have no idea how it copes in peak season. 

I can only imagine the chaos when galaxy edge opens. The gondola system may ease the buses. Once all the planned rides are online it should divert some of the crowds 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We've booked for Florida in November. Disney cruise for a week with a 2 full days before and 1 after on idrive. Thinking of getting Universal passes for those three days as we'll be Disneyd out on the big boat ride. Clocks in about £1300 which feels horrendous for three days but we'd love to see the Potter and Jurassic Park stuff and try Volcano Bay.

Any good tips for travel to and from Port Canaveral would also be welcomed.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

We've booked for Florida in November. Disney cruise for a week with a 2 full days before and 1 after on idrive. Thinking of getting Universal passes for those three days as we'll be Disneyd out on the big boat ride. Clocks in about £1300 which feels horrendous for three days but we'd love to see the Potter and Jurassic Park stuff and try Volcano Bay.

I can't help with the travel, but For Universal, if you only have 3 days, I would skip Volcano Bay unless you LOVE water parks, just because you will need at least 1 day in each park to see everything, and I think adding Volcano into the mix is a bit much. I still haven't been to Volcano Bay and the general view is it can either be amazing or awful depending on the weather and luck. 

7 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

How many of you are there? Universal tickets are less than £300 per person for 14 day passes on most of the vendor ticket sites. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

They are DESPERATE to get peeps in. They have been running better offers for longer this year as so many people were holding back for opening dates.

That said, with Disneyland, atleast for the first 3 weeks, you need to make, and pay for a reservation, details to follow.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

You don't need to pay for the reservation - it will be free to book, but you are guaranteed to get one if you have a room booked at one of the 3 Disney hotels.  Their mass AP blackout doesn't start until the third week in June, when the advance reservation no longer has to be made.

Ah I read a post that suggested it was paid but on the official website it does say free. But regardless I imagine it’s going to be hell on earth

• Awards Moderator

How long do the aficionados among you recommend waiting before going to Galaxy’s Edge? It is the one and only thing that will convince my other half to set foot in a theme park and for my part, after reading the EW report on it, I’d happily spend my entire life there. Obviously the first few months will be crazy busy but how long is that initial hype likely to last?

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

How long do the aficionados among you recommend waiting before going to Galaxy’s Edge? It is the one and only thing that will convince my other half to set foot in a theme park and for my part, after reading the EW report on it, I’d happily spend my entire life there. Obviously the first few months will be crazy busy but how long is that initial hype likely to last?

It’s so hard to say. For example there was a lot of hype for Star Tours 2. When it first opened, 2 hour queues were common. 6 months later, a walk on.

but this is its own land. Pandora, the world of Avatar, is still very popular 18 months on which is a better comparison. If the rides are as good as Flight of Passage is then I expect it will be busy for years to come. But I reckon the hype will die down after 6-12 months tops

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Ooh, yeah that probably is a factor. So the SW Hotel is just Florida, not California? 

correct. There simply is not the space to do so at Disneyland. They have much less land available. I think the land at World will end up being better as while they are identical, they have had to fit it in to the space they had there.