Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Has a more accurate opening date for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge been announced yet? Everywhere I'm looking just says 2019. I'm desperate to go to Disney but don't want to go until it's open.

Disneyland is Summer 2019. WDW is late fall 2019. Every chance they will be delayed, no one knows as yet. Either way, those first few months are going to be gridlocked! The one good thing about the DLP expansion is they have spare land. In America they have had to squeeze them into the space they had available.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Disneyland dude, I know my parks.  The way they're structuring AP blockout dates and ticket promotions it looks like they're aiming for June.  Whether they make that or not is something entirely different.

I know. I misread it when I saw the question pop up and automatically assumed it was an Orlando question. June is definitely the aim for month as they wanted it open before the 4th July weekend, but like you say, who knows and until they announce an actual date, we are in the dark

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

What about the Star Wars and Frozen lands at Studios in DLP? I'm sure I saw a date of 2022 thrown around. Cripes.

the first phase, which should be Marvel given they are already changing that area of the park, should be 2020, with 2021 and 2022 as the other lands. Frozen is due to have a massive lake built in the middle of it, so i expect Marvel, Star Wars and Frozen, but nothing has been confirmed yet. The Marvel Hotel should be open for early 2020 as the New York will close in January 2019. Rock N Roller Coaster is due to be re-theamed next year to Iron Man. I would also expect Tower of Terror to become Mission Breakout in 2020 unless  the 3rd Guardians doesn't happen. That could put those plans in chaos.

I don't think I'll be going back for the next 3-4 years as both our kids are still very young but I actually think its a good thing looking at all the work going on at the moment. Galaxies Edge, whilst incredible, is going to be the most jam packed opening ever and I think it'll last for at least a year or two. It wouldn't surprise me to see them running special events over night to keep it open as much as possible just so everyone that wants to get in can do so. Pandora had people queueing hours just to enter the land, I can see people camping overnight for this one. 

Has anyone seen the progress of this new Harry Potter coaster replacing Dueling Dragons? Its looking like an incredible mix of Expedition Everest and something like Big Thunder Mountain over at Disney.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Van Dammer said:

Has anyone seen the progress of this new Harry Potter coaster replacing Dueling Dragons? Its looking like an incredible mix of Expedition Everest and something like Big Thunder Mountain over at Disney.

Don’t get too excited. It’s likely to be a copy of the Arthur ride. I’m sure it will be fun, but not as thrilling as those attractions. At least it’s not all screens again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_–_The_Ride

• Paid Members

Potter is easy money, they could dump any form of themed ride in there and draw crowds. 

They are nuts if they don’t follow stars wars hotel with hogwarts hotel. 

Uni never seem to quite get it right with hotels, no free meal plans, no real benefit from lower end. Worse still having to pay for transport from airport. 

Sort that lot out and it’s a no brainer to stay on site for the first half of your holiday