Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

Oooh a Marvel stage show and a stunt show sound great fun. Hopefully I can wedge them in amongst the princesses and what not.

I'm not familiar with Big Thunder Mountain but Star Tours is on my list of things to to do for sure.

Nice to hear the lodge is a good one.

• Paid Members

My Wife's just booked dinner at SIlver Star Steak House and Cafe Mickey. We are half board plus apparently. Any thoughts on what to do for food? Are they any good? Pretty sure breakfast is included too.

• Paid Members

Cafe Agrabah is bloody lovely, I'd def recommend if you like a bit of Middle Eastern/North African. The Rattatouille restaurant was also really cool, very well themed.

I found breakfast to be a bit shit overall.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, DEF said:

My Wife's just booked dinner at SIlver Star Steak House and Cafe Mickey. We are half board plus apparently. Any thoughts on what to do for food? Are they any good? Pretty sure breakfast is included too.

Inventions is a character buffet. Better then cafe Mickey for food and characters. It’s in the Disneyland Hotel. I don’t mind Cafe Mickey but the menu is limited

Going to Disneyland next month. I went last year, but that was on my own and I'm going with people this time, so I expect it'll be more fun, but take longer to get on rides. We've got a four day non-hopper pass for the parks... I'd have preferred a two or three day hopper pass, I reckon. I'm not sure that there's four days worth of stuff in there for me. Last time I just went on Guardians Mission Breakout loads of times and didn't go on much of anything in Disneyland, is the Matterhorn any good?

Also at the moment, we've no plans to go to Universal but I quite liked it last time. Mind, I got free tickets then - if I'd paid, I think I might've been disappointed that it's basically a weaker version of the Orlando Universal. Saying that, the tour ride is great.

I'm staying at the King's Inn, a couple of blocks away from Disneyland. Any recommendations around there for stuff to do/places to eat?

• Paid Members

Ahh something dawned on me earlier. My wife can't do dairy and gluten. Any of you fine fellows know what the food situation will be for her in Disneyland Paris? Restaurants and snacking.

• Paid Members

One thing you can guarantee about Disney, if you tell them there are dietary requirement, they will bend over backwards to get her the tastiest stuff they can make her, even going off menu.

• Paid Members

I'm in the cue for the magic carpet and wanted to say cheers for the Mickey and the Magician recommendation. We just got out of it and it's superb. Proper Disney magic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Where is the best place to get a couple of cheap nights (and days) for Disneyland Paris?  Something on a tight budget would be nice, seems to be out of my price range, even in Winter.

Expedia is pretty good. As long as you are on or in walkable distance to an RER station you’ll be ok. Val D’Europe is my go to. 1 stop on the RER into Disneyland / Marne Le Valle station. 

Sonetimes on Expedia you can get Disneyland hotels with park tickets. But unless it specifically says they are included it’s room only. Places like attraction tickets or the like do good ticket deals (HotUKDeals is good for this). Always but in advance as cheaper then on the gate. Annual passes can also work out cheaper if your going for more then 3 days. I’ve been writing a book on DLP and just about finished a first draft and one of the chapters covers off this. 

Also Eurostar can be very cheap if your quick on deals. £29 ew to Paris or £39 direct but fewer trains run. From Paris it’s 2 tube changes and about 45 minutes on the tube so not bad at all. 

• Paid Members

Checked out the refurb rooms over at all star, they are looking very nice indeed. Disney uping its game trying to get you onsite. Gondolas coming soon to. With Uni dumping cheap hotels on I drive its going to be an all out battle to make you stay with one or the other.

Hopefully this leads to both of them offering decent deals.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, scratchdj said:

What’s this about Universal and I-Drive hotels?

Universal are opening two hotels on the old Wet n Wild site on I-Drive. I think I heard something about rooms starting at $75 a night to put serious pressure on the I-Drive hotels near their resort. I believe they're due to start opening next summer. 

Plus there's the new resort they're planning to open around 2022 that will be down by the Convention Centre/South end of I-Drive.