Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

It was seen by many as a knee-jerk reaction to the success of Potter in Universal.  They couldn't use the valuable Marvel IPs in WDW and Pandora started before they controlled Lucasfilm.  The length of time it has taken to get finished has also become a running joke.

You just know it would have been Endor if the licence had have changed hands a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

So im about 5 months out from our trip to Orlando and ive just realised that virtually every Disney resort restaurant is fully booked during our trip. There are the odd scraps still available at awkward times. I had no idea things got booked up so early and its forced me into making a day by day plan of where were going and what were doing each day. I assume this is down to the amount of people with the Disney Dining Plans making sure they get everything booked early so will it be a case of being able to pick up cancellations along the way? Also, what restaurants do people reccomend in the parks? So far ive managed to book the Sci-fi dine in theater and Mama Melroses Italian in Hollywood Studios, Chef Mickeys Breakfast at the Contemporary/MK and the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. 

16 minutes ago, Van Dammer said:

Also, what restaurants do people reccomend in the parks?

There's a Mexican restaurant called La Cantina de San Angel in Epcot. If you can get in there for about 7.30ish, get a table that's overlooking the waterfront, and hold onto your table for an hour and a half, preparing to fend for it with your life in some cases, you'll have an amazing view of the Illuminations that starts at 9. I got some amazing pictures and video from there. 

The foods pretty good there too. Typical Mexican restaurant food.

Edited by FattHardy

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Do you want characters or themes?

A bit of both. We're doing a character breakfast at chef mickey for our sons birthday and i feel like everything we've booked so far is very themed. Would also like some places that is just simply good food as well.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Van Dammer said:

So im about 5 months out from our trip to Orlando and ive just realised that virtually every Disney resort restaurant is fully booked during our trip. There are the odd scraps still available at awkward times. I had no idea things got booked up so early and its forced me into making a day by day plan of where were going and what were doing each day. I assume this is down to the amount of people with the Disney Dining Plans making sure they get everything booked early so will it be a case of being able to pick up cancellations along the way? Also, what restaurants do people reccomend in the parks? So far ive managed to book the Sci-fi dine in theater and Mama Melroses Italian in Hollywood Studios, Chef Mickeys Breakfast at the Contemporary/MK and the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. 

I always recommend the California Grill and if you can get a table around the fireworks you can view it from their private balcony. It's pricey but one of the best meals I ever had. 

Also love the 50s Prime Time in the Studios. Desert menu is viewed using a view master