Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

It is!? Hadn't noticed. Oh there he is. Hmmmm. Seems to bring the level of quality down. I don't recognise this song.

The Raptor thing looks cool. Attention to detail looks very high. How many people actually get freaked out by the raptor? 

Edited by BigJag

That article does sound extremely presumptuous. It sounds like more of a bespoke thing Disney would do rather than an idea for a hotel within a theme park. Id say what would be more likely is that they turn one of their existing hotels into a Start Wars hotel. Pop century or similar could do with something like that for theming, with each wing becoming themed based on a different movie ala art of animation.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

One thing that really impressed me at Universal were the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee robots they have outside the ride, taking pics and talking to the punters.

I'm desperate to know how they work as I can't quite work out how a person fits inside the suits yet can still move around as freely as they do.

They are real

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Monkee said:

It's been rumoured that Disney are going to do on-site themed hotels for Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Frozen. The SW one sounds amazing (and amazingly expensive) but I so want to stay there!

https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/star-wars-hotel/

There are some almost built abandoned hotels on Disney property.  Maybe they will finish these off with some Star Wars fun.

8 hours ago, scratchdj said:

One thing that really impressed me at Universal were the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee robots they have outside the ride, taking pics and talking to the punters.

I'm desperate to know how they work as I can't quite work out how a person fits inside the suits yet can still move around as freely as they do.

At Universal Studios Hollywood, the Megatron use to be really sarcastic to the guests, somewhat disappointed that Orlando didnt follow the same route. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Well, one of our podcasters was in Pandora yesterday during the passholder previews and we decided to phone him up, live from Pandora during the show record. If that interests you, please give it a listen (it's near the beginning of the show) 

http://traffic.libsyn.com/disafterdark/DaD129.mp3

• Paid Members
On 2/6/2017 at 2:05 PM, cobra_gordo said:

I'm thinking of taking the wife and our three kids to Orlando next year. I've never been to America and it's always been my dream holiday. I've priced it up and we're looking at about £12k for 2 weeks, staying on site with car rental, park passes etc. Is it worth doing the food deal? The one I'd priced up is 2 buffet meals a day, a snack and drinks. It adds about a grand on but is it worth it?

Any other tip[s on how to reduce costs as I'm thinking they'll want loads of spending money too. Who are the best folks to book through?

The cheapest way ive found that still allows a good deal and less hassle is to stay one week on Inter Drive, up by sea world and Uni. Then one week onsite in Disney. Get a car from airport to use the first week. Stock up on breakfast stuff for Disney unless your getting the dining plan free. Also all your nibbles crisps and sweets ect. Then you still have the car if you need or want to get off site but dont need it if you plan on staying in disney. Its possible to drop it back in disney and only pay for the first week.

With the number of 5 id look at the villas in old key west or saratoga springs

• Paid Members

I agree with Raven. Thats a good combo that and will save you loads. Or you could stay on Idrive the whole trip, but parking in Disney I think is now $20 a day so you would need to factor in those kind of charges.

To me the dinning plan only saves you money if you are going to eat 3 times a day and at the most expensive places possible. We found we would have a big breakfast, maybe a snack around lunch and then an evening meal. The portions are pretty big over there for everything so you would probably be left with loads of credits unused.