UFC 209: Woodley vs Wonderboy 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

n7Rxm.jpg

I don't know which black beast I want to see batter Overeem more. I wouldn't even be against Derrick Lewis fighting Mark Hunt next. I'm fully aware it makes no sense with Hunt coming off a KO loss but fuck it. Heavyweight innit? Overeem vs Ngannou and Lewis vs Hunt would be fine and dandy with me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cruz was fine on commentary.

However, he did drop a clanger during Woodley vs Thompson - when he said it was "exactly like the first fight" I didn't get the full context of what he meant, but still, when a rematch is stinking out the joint after the first fight was a FOTY contender - any comparisons are probably best avoided. 

One thing I forgot to mention about Rashad. I understand that last night did not go well for him. However, given that he was able to drop to 185lbs, and do so properly without becoming a health hazard - it made me wonder what could have been. If Rashad would have dropped down to Middleweight 5 years ago when he was in his pomp, there is a decent chance that he could have become a 2 weight World Champion. In his pomp, he was certainly a more gifted MMA fighter than Sonnen. I struggle to find an area where Rashad is outright inferior to Sonnen. I see no reason why Rashad wouldn't have been a live threat for Anderson's title. 

• Paid Members

Flipping Overeem. When you don't really care about him losing he goes and gets his lights put out. This time though he has an assured performance. Why couldn't he crumble like he has in the past?

Flipping Overeem. When you don't really care about him losing he goes and gets his lights put out. This time though he has an assured performance. Why couldn't he crumble like he has in the past?

This fight was essentially meaningless, want Overeem to lose/fail a drug test, give him a title shot, want a guaranteed UFC win put him against a marketable guy on his last fight on his contract.

• Paid Members

Overeem has had one of the craziest up and down careers in MMA history, nobody blows hot and cold like The Reem.

The main event was a bit of a 4 round dud, i didn't even get that tense feeling from it, it very quickly fell into the pattern of nothingness. Rogan on commentary seemed to under the impression that Wonderboy was winning easily but he himself was doing next to nothing except dance in front of Woodley.

Frustrating fight to watch.

Shame for the Brits re: Craig - but the UFC could be on to something big with Tyson Pedro.  Just listen to his name. Then look at his look.  Marketable as fuck. 

And as a pretend adopted Aussie - I was jumping for joy when Dan Kelly got the decision. What a warrior. Inspiration for dad bods everywhere.  I was at the Melbourne card when he stopped Chris Camozzi at the death and couldn't quite believe it.  The man can barely walk.  Warrior! 

I scored the main 47-47. Although on reflection - I could have scored the first two 9-9 (fuck 10-10, neither fighter did fuck all), then two rounds to Woodley and one to Thompson.  In hindsight - this was a disaster.  I hope immediate matches are banished. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, Craig's a character so i was sad to see him lose. Pre-fight he seemed to be saying that the result of that would heavily dictate his future in the sport. Im hoping he sticks around.

Pedro is quality though, impossible to dislike that guy.

Archived