Are these the top 10 (and top 25) greatest WWE matches of all time?

Maikeru

• Paid Members

Any of the Punk vs Bryan matches from 2012 (I think?)

I thought their matches massively under-delivered to be honest. I love their work in WWE, but the matches between the two of them are far from their best stuff.

I must have watched the Andre the Giant Battle Royal from the WM31 kick off show 10 times and never get bored of it. From the setting, the guys involved, the Axle Mania spot, Miz/Mizdow coming to the boil and Mizdow trying to come over the odds of beat the massive Big Show. Proper wrestling!

I love the Mania 30 one myself, the most impressive Kofi stunt I've ever seen, it's just fucking unfathomable. Cesaro gets a monster reaction for lifting out Show.

To solidify the wrestling being subjective point, I'd narrowly have Mania 30 above 17. For the obvious Bryan stuff, but pretty much everything is good. Shield perhaps wasted and a Shield/Wyatts rematch would've been better uses of everybody involved but at least Shield kicked arse in their squash match. Then there's Brock and Taker which wasn't great but fascinating stuff people will be talking about forever. Aforementioned fun battle royal and decent enough Cena / Wyatt match and it stacks right up there for me.

On the same note, my favourite match is probably Sasha v Bayley in Brooklyn. After a wrestling break lasting from post-Benoit to 2014, I'd been impressed with the increased standards and prioritising of women wrestlers but it was a gradual process and it took a while for me to find something and someone to truly sink my teeth into and this was it in front of NXT's first big crowd, the action is just class with some gobsmacking spots and made me a lifetime fan of both. Throw in the me chucking my arms in the air for the babyface win and I can't think of a match I enjoyed more all things considered.

I think the most glaring omission there for me is the Canadian Stampede 10 man tag. The heat is off the charts, the action never lets up and the storytelling of the several crisscrossing feuds involved is magical.

Agree wholeheartedly with sj5522's expanded list as well, especially Triple H vs Cactus Jack. For my money that's the best thing either of them have ever done and I'm a huge fan of both guys.

Any of the Punk vs Bryan matches from 2012 (I think?)

I thought their matches massively under-delivered to be honest. I love their work in WWE, but the matches between the two of them are far from their best stuff.

They were the first matches I'd seen of the two of them. If you take the AJ Lee stuff out of the equation, they're some really good matches. And still way ahead of most other people!

• Paid Members

No Bret Vs Bulldog from Summerslam '92?

I didn't mind the Austin Vs HHH 3 Stages Of Hell match, although. I seem to recall the Rock Vs Angle main event being better though. "Tap you son of a bitch, I'll break your fucking ankle!"

Rock Vs Jericho for the WCW title at No Mercy 2001 was a belter of a match. I really enjoyed that one. Likewise RVD Vs Jeff Hardy match at Invasion.

Benoit Vs Angle at the 2003 Rumble is one of my favourite WWE matches ever. I also think Bret Vs Owen at Mania 10 was better than the Summerslam cage match.

Archived