UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Browne - Feb 19

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ah that's brilliant fella's thanks very much for the responses. It totally passed me by that it was a Sunday night show. I'm off work this Monday so it'll make for an easy catch up then. Thanks again folks.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell. I dislike Travis Browne as much as the next guy, but Mario Yamasaki absolutely took the piss there. His Shite referring resulted in Browne going clean out cold. No need for it.

Loved Lewis'postfight promo. He's a comedy genius.

Might be slightly biased, but the Marshman fight was topped a bit too early for me too.

• Paid Members

I thought the 1st round was the best Travis has looked in a long time; he was moving around a lot more and throwing more kicks. Lewis was obviously turtling come round 2, so decided to end this pish. A colleague watched the KO and said "he barley touched him" on the initial knockdown, but as I pointed out, Lewis has serious heavyweight power. Only Big Country has survived his power, which says more about how tough Nelson is. I'd love a Hunt v Lewis match up in the future.

It will be interesting to see if Lewis can hang with one of the top 4/5 now. He beats one of them, he's got as good a shout as anyone for a title shot. Hopefully he does it; FILTH!

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed this show. Lewis vs Browne delivered exactly as advertised. Two big hard hitting fuckers knocking lumps out of each other until one of them is asleep. Bollocks is correct, the Black Beast's power is a terrifying thing. I imagine even a glancing blow from him is like a full on haymaker from most men. I also thought the stoppage was bad. I can't stand Browne but you don't want to see anyone taking bombs like that when they're clearly out of it. Yamasaki's always been a bit shit, hasn't he?

As an aside and speaking of crap referees - whatever happened to Steve Mazzagatti and Kim Winslow? They were both abysmal. Surely the two worst referees in MMA ever.

Hendricks beating Lombard was the surprise of the night for me. As soon as the fight was announced I couldn't picture it ending any other way than with Hendricks knocked out. It can only be attributed to him going up to 185 and not having to cut so much weight anymore. Because he's looked like shit at 170 for a while now. Some of it is down to Lombard not pulling the trigger, as he sometimes is known to do, but Hendricks himself looked a lot better than he has in a while. Wasn't the best fight and I can't see either of them making huge waves at 185. They've both got power and skills but their stunted bodies and T-Rex arms aren't going to serve them well against the top middleweights.

Oh and was I the only one who cringed throughout Hendricks' post-fight interview. Fucking hillbilly cheeseball. Makes me laugh that he was bollocking the MMA media before he missed weight in December, having a go at them about how he's a pro and cutting weight is what he does and all that shit. Then missed weight, looked awful and lost to Magny, moves up to 185 and now he's all "I have energy now! I have energy!" So the MMA media were right all along weren't they you plum.

That Gavin Tucker looked pretty fucking good, didn't he? Sam Sicilia might be a bit one dimensional but he's always dangerous as fuck. Tucker just shut him down completely. Stann comparing him to Garbrandt might've seemed a bit much but I got what he meant. He's nowhere near Garbrandt's level at this point but his movement and elusiveness kind of looked like Garbrandt's at UFC 207. Of course, doing that to Sicilia is way different to doing it against Dominick Cruz but it was an excellent UFC debut all the same. I didn't give a fuck about him going in but I'll be looking forward to his next fight, so mission accomplished. Nice post-fight interview as well.

Sara McMann looked good. She's had two really impressive submission wins in a row now. She really seems in good form at the moment. She's not beating Nunes and probably not Shevchenko either but I could see her at least getting a title shot in the near future.

Was chuffed to see Randa Markos win as well. It was a close one and I'm not even sure I had her winning but I don't care. Fuck Carla Esparza. Red Randa for the win.

Santos vs Marshman was a fun fight with a cool finish with the spinning kick as well. Santos back in the win column in style. I agree with Silky that the stoppage was a bit early though. I don't think Marshman was getting out of that position but the ref never even really gave him a chance.

What did everyone make of Todd Grisham on commentary? I wasn't keen myself. It's not what he was saying, that was fine really. It's his voice I find annoying. Maybe he'll grow on me.

• Paid Members

I can't believe I forgot to mention the Beast's interview. Fucking loved it. "I love Canada but I ain't with all the snow y'all can have that shit" :laugh: it's his nonchalant delivery that does it.

Laughed at this on twitter earlier as well;

UfP5c.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeah. Folk at my work popped huge for his post-fight interview. Hopefully he can keep this going to the title, because he's got proper star potential, does Lewis. Almost none of the UFC heavyweights show the personality when they need to. Lewis has that 80s wrestler sort of charisma about him. He's hilarious and terrifying.

What was everyone scoring Hendricks - Lombard? I'm fucking done with betting on MMA. I see it completely different to the judges so often.  Cost me a tidy little accumulator win, Hector losing.  Though I am frustrated that Lombard didn't swarm Hendricks to look for a finish -  I thought he won the fight. 

I could get on board with Lewis vs Hunt too.  I wouldn't give him a top 5 guy quite yet tbh.

Archived