Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

I used to hate the set up for the 619. The way it was only ever in matches with Mysterio that guys would end up draped over the middle rope.

To me, getting the opponent draped over the second rope for the 619 is sort of like one of those sketches that the Fast Show used to do, where the punchline was always the same ("I'll get my coat" or "which was nice") and the comedy was in how they got to that point. No, it isn't very realistic, but I ended up appreciating the absurdity of the opponent getting into that predicament from whatever goofy set-up. Anyway the WGTT and the Beverley Brothers used to drape opponents over the second rope too, for the leaping senton thing.

For me, Christian's Killswitch/Unprettier drove me mad because it was so slow and contrived to set up and then it looked like nothing special when it did hit.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking. On Takeover, Peyton and Billie Kay vowed to work together in the four way, and share the title when they win. Why didn't one just lie down and get pinned? meaning they'd win? A little wrestling thing that annoys me.

• Paid Members

I've noticed a thing that ref's do now where, if someone is being pinned close to the ropes, they'll lie themselves between the ropes and the pin atttempt, stopping any chance of a wrestler grabbing the bottom rope with his hand to break the pin. Very small thing but it really gets my knickers in a twist.

I guess you'd have to keep the other two ladies down long enough to stop them interrupting. They managed that with Cross, but Asuka is a lot tougher to incapacitate!

There was a moment that I mentioned in the NXT thread, where Nikki had just been put through the announce table and Asuka was laying on the floor at ringside. They went straight over to Asuka, picked her up and rolled her into the ring, when in that time they could have pinned each other before Asuka even knew what was happening.

• Awards Moderator

I guess you'd have to keep the other two ladies down long enough to stop them interrupting. They managed that with Cross, but Asuka is a lot tougher to incapacitate!

There was a moment that I mentioned in the NXT thread, where Nikki had just been put through the announce table and Asuka was laying on the floor at ringside. They went straight over to Asuka, picked her up and rolled her into the ring, when in that time they could have pinned each other before Asuka even knew what was happening.

Damn! Never mind then!

• Paid Members

Guys who have spots that always get reversed so they end up in trouble.

CM Punk is an example of this, he always went for the springboard from the apron to do something to his opponent. Always reversed, shit spot, stop it.

Flair going up too would be another.

Guys who have spots that always get reversed so they end up in trouble.

CM Punk is an example of this, he always went for the springboard from the apron to do something to his opponent. Always reversed, shit spot, stop it.

Flair going up too would be another.

You CAN'T take that off Flair man, it's 25% of his repertoire gone, chop, strut, WOOOO, failed ascent to the top rope. Plus it makes me piss when he pegs it down the apron!!!

• Paid Members

Every time Ric Flair got caught on the top rope was worth it for that small run in 2005 when someone realised how fun it would be if Ric started successfully hitting the top rope move. I seem to recall it got a huge reaction the first time he achieved it.

Every time Ric Flair got caught on the top rope was worth it for that small run in 2005 when someone realised how fun it would be if Ric started successfully hitting the top rope move. I seem to recall it got a huge reaction the first time he achieved it.

Wasn't it against Carlito when he won the IC belt? He then went all Nate Dogg with his car full of girls and it kept cutting back to him during the PPV? It was brilliant!

Archived