Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

Yeah, I agree. But isn't the company name just "WWE" now? (Bollocks I know).

The legal entity is World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc (according to this page), but the on-screen name of the promotion might be different (like the difference between WWFE and The WWF once upon a time).

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Distraction finishes, biggest match of your life for a title and some music plays so you just stop and stare at a 30ft screen, inevitably getting pinned once you turn around. Fuck that, if I have hit my finisher and the chap is down a herd of elephants couldn't stop me pinning him and becoming the best in the world. WWE have a real bad habit of doing it to babyfaces also, great, I love getting behind some sap that forgets where he is and why he is there because music played.

Yeah, I agree. But isn't the company name just "WWE" now? (Bollocks I know).

The legal entity is World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc (according to this page), but the on-screen name of the promotion might be different (like the difference between WWFE and The WWF once upon a time).

A legal entity can present itself as it wishes.  WWE, Inc. T/A WWE ... it's just the way of the world.

I love the ringing of the bell to try and stop a beat down. A timekeeper isn't going to face a big badass wrestler or two kicking shit out of someone. I like the idea of them ringing the bell to draw attention to the nasty shit going on.

• Paid Members

I love the ringing of the bell to try and stop a beat down. A timekeeper isn't going to face a big badass wrestler or two kicking shit out of someone. I like the idea of them ringing the bell to draw attention to the nasty shit going on.

I like to think there is a fine system. Once you cross the line, every ring costs you $1000.

I like to think there is a fine system. Once you cross the line, every ring costs you $1000.

That explains why Ted DiBiase never listened.

"stays alive" , think that is from a sports phrase in the states where staying alive means keeping yourself in the game, ie getting back within a few points when the other team is hammering you keeps your chances of winning alive

The bell ringing used to be a signal for help to come oit from the back, Garera, mulligan , slaughter etc, without that it is just a noise

• Paid Members

I've always had a hatred of the spot where wrestler A is stood on the ring apron, outside the ropes. As their opponent approaches(wrestler B), wrestler A shoulder checks them in the stomach, so wrestler B bends over and holds the middle rope allowing A to monkey flip over him.

It's the fact that B just bends over and holds the rope that bugs me. Why not actually sell the shoulder shot and grab you gut or something...

Actually I am sick of leapfrog/drop down routines.

They make no sense, why would you do any of that stuff. i dont need all wrestling to be FIGHTERS LOGIC as I can always just watch MMA. But we've seen it so much by literally everyone, it's now complete filler. nobody gets that impressed by the athletic ability of it anymore. It's just filler - exhausting filler - stick a bloody chinlock on instead

When a wrestler is on the ground ready for the other chap to hit a top rope move like a swanton or a diving headbutt and they visibly shuffle round to the correct position to take the move properly.

Also, when someone's locked a submission hold on and you can see them helping the other guy get to the ropes by shuffling along with their legs. If the camera angle is right it can be disguised but there's been plenty of occasions where the camera is side on to it and it's obvious the guy putting the hold on is effectively pushing the pair of them towards the ropes.

• Paid Members

Also, when someone's locked a submission hold on and you can see them helping the other guy get to the ropes by shuffling along with their legs. If the camera angle is right it can be disguised but there's been plenty of occasions where the camera is side on to it and it's obvious the guy putting the hold on is effectively pushing the pair of them towards the ropes.

Or when it's obvious the person in the hold can reach the ropes but struggles as though they're miles away to try and create tension.

• Paid Members

Or when it's obvious the person in the hold can reach the ropes but struggles as though they're miles away to try and create tension.

Annoys me in films when someone pretends to die and they weren't really shot. Grr.

When a Wrestler is selling a move and there is a run in coming or a manager is supposed to get involved and whilst selling you see them stop completely and look up the ramp hoping the interference is on cue, just stop doing that shit, if the guy running in fucks up then that is on him, just sell your arse off.

C'mon Jeff God damn it!

Archived