Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

Everything is 'the greatest event of all time' or 'the greatest wrestler in wrestling/WWE history' when it probably won't even be memorable in six months time.

Don't worry, pal, Tony Schiavone is ancient history!

Internet fans that think a wrestling company is like a football team (WWE ones especially) and you have to shit on everything else that happens in the industry because it happens to take place in another organisation.

TNA is still shit though.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“One-two-th— [insert name] stays alive!”

Stays alive?! The fuck? Who the hell has died from being pinned?!

I know, and how can a circle be squared?!

Honestly, if this thread descends into commentator's rhetoric being taken literally it's over.

Sorry for my wrestling-related annoyance.

mickhoncho, can you update the thread to say wrestling-related annoyances excluding commentators for the benefit of everyone. Thanks.

Errrrm ... that would be mikehoncho.

But ... OK.

How can I change it??

“One-two-th— [insert name] stays alive!”

Stays alive?! The fuck? Who the hell has died from being pinned?!

I know, and how can a circle be squared?!

Honestly, if this thread descends into commentator's rhetoric being taken literally it's over.

Boxing is the reason for that, before Queensbury rules circluar outline in rope or chalk or crowd in circle or oval shape, transferred to squared ring as easier to construct than a circular one.

Expects QI klaxon...

Something in wrestling that currently annoy is five moves of Doom and finisher.. Bores me to tears. I know there are circumstances it works amazingly well, but stuff where the same old repeated is a turn off, let the guys go rather than keeping rigidity.

TNA fans have more of us-against-the-world mentality than anyone else tbh

Almost all my stuff is fan related, I'm rather good at enjoying the shows.

Another is when fans shit on good moments recently with their obnoxious chants, thank you Neville, canucks DESPERATELY getting their u screwed Bret at Goldberg after clever booking prevented them doing so at Survivors, saying Takers still got it after he strolls to the ring.

It's why I'm watching more Japanese and older stuff, I miss that purity when reactions are visceral and not everything is responded to with a shitty little clap clappedy clap chant.

I blame TNA, just because

Michael Cole saying "shoulders down" every time there's a pin, which has to be the most redundant saying ever. Yes Michael we can see the shoulders are down, that's why the referee is counting (unless they are rehashing the evil twin angle of course).

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

When an attack is going on. Don't ring the damn bell. Do something about it.

In the same vein, when someone has just attacked someone and they get their music to play them out. They've been bad. They've went against the grain and broken the rules by assaulting someone. Why should they then be celebrated with exit music?

I always hated that, but now, "The WWE" makes just as little sense.

Is it still officially World Wrestling Entertainment? To be fair, the WWF was correct as it was the World Wrestling Federation.

Yes, "The World Wrestling Federation" was fine. But "The World Wrestling Entertainment" is nonsense.

TNA fans have more of us-against-the-world mentality than anyone else tbh

I blame TNA, just because

:unsure:

are you implying I contradicted myself? cos I don't see it

TNA fans have been rabidly hating on WWE since forever. I know I was one of them. They're also constantly on the backs of critics, who are normally criticising for valid reasons, and all over social media deriding New Japan and the more acclaimed indies. I see it very often, they're quite the army

not a diss I just think TNA is the most "kool-aid" promotion out there, for lack of a better term

I don't hate them, if they get buzz again some how I may well tune in

The modern shit chants I was on about is totally different. I do feel like the indie scene and the impact zone heavily contributed to the atmosphere that is everywhere today, though the roots probably go back to ECW

Archived