Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure anyone's mentioned this. But Ladder Matches when as Christian Maracle puts it (he does WWE Sins on YouTube, worth a watch.) Trust me. You won't watch their PPVs in the same way and you'll be calling out his recurring ones. He calls this the "First ladder introduced is too small to reach the prize cliché"

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Regal was the first I noticed doing it. Always assumed it was because he'd wrestled in Blackpool and liked to wipe away the 486 STDs you find on every nightclub floor before he got in the ring.

Ring mats were manky before. Go back and watch well lit shows from the early 2000s. Absolutely disgusting. Blood, sweat, spit and god knows what else. No wonder Vince is obsessed with changing them now.

This is why. Goes way back to god knows when. It's also seen as a sign of respect by some veterans. Respectful like wiping your feet before going into someones house. I like it. Razor Ramon always did it.

• Paid Members

The wobbly zoomy camera angles.

This for me. When did that start? I stopped watching wrestling obsessively in probably about 2009 and I don't remember it then. But whenever I do tune in now it's something I always notice that bugs me. Even when it's something I'm really enjoying, I find the wobbly camera and the zooming in on impact of moves jarring to watch and it takes me out of the moment. Why did they even start doing it? Looks shite.

• 7 months later...

Archived