Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

5 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

My big annoyance with wrestling, though, is rope breaks in No-DQ matches. 

What’s the issue here? Rope breaks still count in no DQ matches because the person touching the ropes has broken the the pinfall as they’re now technically ‘out of bounds” and the same would apply for submissions.

Of course because of the no DQ stipulation the wrestler applying the move doesn’t have the break the hold as he can’t be disqualified but that doesn’t mean the ref still has to count the fall.

Now if the issue was rope breaks in falls count anywhere matches then you might have a compelling case.

Theres still the issue of a complete lack of consistency as to how and when these rules are implemented and enforced so if that’s what you meant then I’m with you 100%!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

What’s the issue here? Rope breaks still count in no DQ matches because the person touching the ropes has broken the the pinfall as they’re now technically ‘out of bounds” and the same would apply for submissions.

Of course because of the no DQ stipulation the wrestler applying the move doesn’t have the break the hold as he can’t be disqualified but that doesn’t mean the ref still has to count the fall.

Now if the issue was rope breaks in falls count anywhere matches then you might have a compelling case.

Theres still the issue of a complete lack of consistency as to how and when these rules are implemented and enforced so if that’s what you meant then I’m with you 100%!

Let’s consult the manual 

44714A5E-3558-49BF-B906-6756A4009023_zps

Archived