Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

At the moment, it's Seth Rollins' superplex-into-Falcon-Arrow move. Takes me out of the match every time. People ripped the piss out of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards for their awful superplex-suplex-suplex spot, and rightly so, but this one from Seth's almost as bad for me. BURN IT DOWN.

Haven't seen it - is it a top-rope Falcon Arrow, or is it a reversal? I ask because Hayabusa used to do a top-rope/Avalanche Falcon Arrow, and it looked pretty great.

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Haven't seen it - is it a top-rope Falcon Arrow, or is it a reversal? I ask because Hayabusa used to do a top-rope/Avalanche Falcon Arrow, and it looked pretty great.

He does a superplex to his opponent, they land, and he pops right back up and hits a Falcon Arrow. Usually for a 2 count. It's shit.

• Paid Members

That's terrible. I don't mind rolling suplex thingies, but that should be a finish or at least a double-down. He's never got being Tyler Black out of his system, has he? Granted, I haven't seen much of him in WWE, but what little I have seen has me wondering why people on here have praised him as some super-worker babyface when he still seems like a classic indy spot monkey. 

If that's his work after coming out of the PC and NXT, he must have been ridiculous in RoH.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

At the moment, it's Seth Rollins' superplex-into-Falcon-Arrow move. Takes me out of the match every time. People ripped the piss out of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards for their awful superplex-suplex-suplex spot, and rightly so, but this one from Seth's almost as bad for me. BURN IT DOWN.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I made the bad choice of trying to defend those ROH spots on here and got destroyed for it. There was one spot involving O'Reilly and Davey that I stuck my neck out for and I got chewed up to a huge extent. So to see Rollins pull that shit off on a weekly basis to hardly any UKFF outrage has done me over. 

There's a huge difference. Seth hitting a superplex then being hard enough to roll through and execute a Falcon Arrow may be bad, but Richards hitting a superplex, pulling Edwards back to his feet then EDWARDS having the strength to pick Davey up and suplex him over the top rope like he hasn't just RECEIVED A FUCKING SUPERPLEX is beyond ridicule.

• Awards Moderator
35 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

He actually did use it as a finish this week, so it's not too bad.

Yes it is. Using it for a near fall is worse, but even as a finish it’s just bad. You’ve just done a superplex, don’t pop up like it was nothing and you’ve still got the strength for a Falcon Arrow. You’re not Lio Rush.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

There's a huge difference. Seth hitting a superplex then being hard enough to roll through and execute a Falcon Arrow may be bad, but Richards hitting a superplex, pulling Edwards back to his feet then EDWARDS having the strength to pick Davey up and suplex him over the top rope like he hasn't just RECEIVED A FUCKING SUPERPLEX is beyond ridicule.

I don't think I massively defended that spot (because it is infamous for it's stupidity) but the sequence where Davey hit a DDT only for Kyle to no-sell and turn it into a submission is the spot where I tried to cobble together some sense only to be sent packing.

If the Rollins superplex/falcon arrow combo would've happened in one of those Davey matches (because he's the real constant in all that dumb ROH stuff), it would've got dragged through the coals and labelled as indy rubbish. Seth using it for ages without much aggro on here until now just feels weird, that's all.

Probably shows how likable Seth is, as Davey is an easy target due to how absurdly unlikable he is as a wrestler. Remember when he almost killed Paul London on some reckless double stomp? I vividly recall watching some multi-man ladder match he was involved with on Impact and he just annoyed the ever living fuck out of me. His tag partner Eddie 'Eddie Edwards' Edwards was in the match too and they were doing these awful double team spots that made Eddie look like a idiot.

Davey '05 - '09: Good. Davey '10 onwards - Bad.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

If the Rollins superplex/falcon arrow combo would've happened in one of those Davey matches (because he's the real constant in all that dumb ROH stuff), it would've got dragged through the coals and labelled as indy rubbish. Seth using it for ages without much aggro on here until now just feels weird, that's all.

Well, count me as one who thinks it's shit. 

Archived