Wrestling things that annoy

mikehoncho

Fine, wear bloody trainers but at least whack some kickpads over them to give the impression of boots.  Including Enzo.

Undecided hair colours.

Scrappy face paint going TO the ring.

A blouson jacket.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans that wear clothing designed to bring attention to themselves

Oh yeah that gets me seething. Remember the Macho Man guy last time Rock was on Raw, and Rock, the tit gave him a couple minutes of screen time even after staff had gone to the bother of moving him out of camera shot.

it also bugs me the fans you can keep identifying by them wearing the same stuff all the time to loads of shows, like the guy in the lime green sweater and brown hat. he's not a flagrantly offensive fan, I just worry about the wash cycle of his clothes. something tells me that jumper used to be white

• Paid Members

People doing angles in trunks when they're not wrestling on the show

"Surprise" run ins where they're in their wrestling gear having apparently not been in the arena or such lark winds me right up. Also it's not a surprise if they play your music giving them 20 second warning.

I know they need to pop the crowd.

"He's here! He's here! Here he is!"

Cheers Vickie his music has played for nearly a minute now *acts surprised*

So annoying. Logic in wrestling eh?

• Paid Members

The exposed turnbuckle finish has always annoyed me much more than it should. It always looks shit and never looks devastating enough to finish a match. Load of bollocks.

It's not so bad if it knocks Wrestle A groggy allowing Wrestler B to hit his finisher. But when it leads directly to a pinfall, fuck that.

“One-two-th— [insert name] stays alive!”

Stays alive?! The fuck? Who the hell has died from being pinned?!

I know, and how can a circle be squared?!

Honestly, if this thread descends into commentator's rhetoric being taken literally it's over.

• Paid Members

Everything is 'the greatest event of all time' or 'the greatest wrestler in wrestling/WWE history' when it probably won't even be memorable in six months time.

Thinking wrestling fans have the memory of a goldfish and ignoring past history or angles because it doesn't suit the current storyline.

Internet fans that think a wrestling company is like a football team  (WWE ones especially) and you have to shit on everything else that happens in the industry because it happens to take place in another organisation.

• Paid Members

Fine, wear bloody trainers but at least whack some kickpads over them to give the impression of boots.  Including Enzo.

This was the first thing that came to my mind when seeing the topic.  I do also get annoyed by kickpads over trainers (looks so cheap).  But, aye, everyone's in trainers these days, gets on my tits.

• Paid Members

“One-two-th— [insert name] stays alive!”

Stays alive?! The fuck? Who the hell has died from being pinned?!

I know, and how can a circle be squared?!

Honestly, if this thread descends into commentator's rhetoric being taken literally it's over.

Sorry for my wrestling-related annoyance.

mickhoncho, can you update the thread to say wrestling-related annoyances excluding commentators for the benefit of everyone. Thanks.

Archived