5 Star Wrestling discussion

Sexy Dad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lasted for the first hour and I'm not sure if I will bother with the rest. I'm sure it'd have been a fun show to be at but just wasn't engaging on TV.

Oh and c'mon Nick Aldis in your Magnus pants. Back when I used to read his FSM column in 2012 he would regularly talk about professionalism etc, raise your game son.

I switched off after Rey got his knee battered at the end of his first match. We've all watched a tournament where the babyface has to fight through an injury in the last couple of weeks, I didn't really feel the need to sit through another. Especially not one that looked and sounded as ropey as this.

I did find it amusing that one of Morrison's opening lines at the start of the show was something about British wrestling being live on TV for the first time in however long, and then we get a tournament where only two out of the eight participants were actually British...

Watched this last night. Some thoughts

Are they 5 Star Wrestling or Dominant Wrestling ? They can't seem to Decide.The names seem to be interchangeable.

Why are some people using their WWE Names , some not -John Morrison was John Morrison , Justin Gabriel was PJ Black.

Production values were OK, not spectacular.

No interest on introducing British names to a wider Audience - They will have to establish Home Grown names if they intend a long term Television run.

The big news at the end was a grand contest 128 wrestlers , 30 shows on spike TV. Does any promotion need a roster of 128 wrestlers?.Far better to stick to a smaller roster , and give them multiple appearances, with the hope that you could create a roster people can get behind.

• 1 month later...

It was asked in the TNA thread but there must be a question mark over what the Impact Wrestling TV deal with Spike UK means for 5*, especially since Dominant Wrestling didn't pull up any trees, in my view.

Archived