Hope

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

The boring true story Tommy is after 6 years I missed it and got the bug again. No breakdowns or drink problems these days helped a bit like.

It's great to hear, I hope it goes well and you enjoy getting back in the saddle.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm going to be at the pub from about 3 for some heavy research into this. I'll post where I'm at after a couple of invigorating beers.

Well,I wrote nothing and am now splayed out on my bed like a whale that has been washed onto a beach. Desperately trying to reduce my ungodly headache and make it to the loo before I forcibly deposit the metric ton of lamb vindaloo I consumed onto the bedspread.

Let it flow, man. It might be just the inspiration you need.

• Paid Members

From a personal perspective, uni is going really well and I'm starting to consider a masters I'd like to do after picking up my BA. Global Politics or Scriptwriting are my front runners right now. I've got three holidays coming up this year. I'm not completely financially insolvent anymore. My drink and drug intake is way down. Some good stuff. Bigger picture though, things are fucked.

• Paid Members

I'm actually doing my BA in Journalism at Birkbeck right now and would be doing the screenwriting MA there too because of the discount undergraduates from there get on masters courses. How did you find it? Any and all info appreciated.

• Paid Members

Away on Holiday this week so I don't have access to emails other than on my phone, but I just applied via the usual forms if I remember rightly. 2 year part time course, had an interview which was pretty informal, taught by one of the guys at Euroscript, as well as a few other writers with notable credits. Very good course, from fundamentals upwards. Would definitely recommend it.

• Paid Members

Personal wankery here, but had my three month probation meeting at the new(ish) job today and passed with above expectations in every category. Absolutely delighted and a good start to the weekend. Also, I'm off on a pan-European holiday next week, which will be a welcome distraction from burgeoning international dystopia.

• Paid Members

To keep on topic, I've not written anything in ages due to depression and lack of self confidence. I've come up with a tune for that verse so strangely, I appear to have a slight bit of creativity for the first time in yonks so think I'll set up the Mac and might try recording something this evening! So yeah, that's my hope.

I should dig out my guitar or bass and start playing again. Hell, even my ukulele at this point. Be a touch more productive than gaming. Or maybe get cracking on the (short) story idea I came up with years ago.

Archived