Hope

Gus Mears

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I start working in Glasgow monday. Want to work as part of a bigger team, and learn more of my actual role as nearly 3 years in just wasnt getting experience I needed. Plus gives more opportunities to see shows etc, shopping, nights out and better Tinder right swipes than an industrial Estate in Fife was giving me.

There's a few serial tinder ladies in Glasgow, double bag!

To keep on topic, I've not written anything in ages due to depression and lack of self confidence. I've come up with a tune for that verse so strangely, I appear to have a slight bit of creativity for the first time in yonks so think I'll set up the Mac and might try recording something this evening! So yeah, that's my hope.

• Paid Members

I'm going back into stand up next month. I'm absolutely terrified. I can go and act in front of people yet the fear of gigging again scares me. Probably because I was a fucking mess when I dropped it years back.

I assume that acting has less pressure, you've not written the material and your more clearly portraying a character. There must be more expectation on you too, people are there to laugh at you and your jokes rather than enjoy the story you are part of.
Yeah but it's Chili, he won't be writing the material here either [/callback]

I was going to suggest Chilli was only back in stand-up because there were some new posters to steal from, but I love the guy too much.

• Paid Members

Well, I'm going to be at the pub from about 3 for some heavy research into this. I'll post where I'm at after a couple of invigorating beers.

Well,I wrote nothing and am now splayed out on my bed like a whale that has been washed onto a beach. Desperately trying to reduce my ungodly headache and make it to the loo before I forcibly deposit the metric ton of lamb vindaloo I consumed onto the bedspread.

Archived