Hope

Gus Mears

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I start working in Glasgow monday. Want to work as part of a bigger team, and learn more of my actual role as nearly 3 years in just wasnt getting experience I needed. Plus gives more opportunities to see shows etc, shopping, nights out and better Tinder right swipes than an industrial Estate in Fife was giving me.

Bugger! Is that better? If it helps, it's such an inconsequential thought it was barely worth posting in the first place.

Ha thanks! Haven't seen that so will avoid the spoiler, even though it probably spoils nothing.

• Paid Members

I'm going back into stand up next month. I'm absolutely terrified. I can go and act in front of people yet the fear of gigging again scares me. Probably because I was a fucking mess when I dropped it years back.

I assume that acting has less pressure, you've not written the material and your more clearly portraying a character. There must be more expectation on you too, people are there to laugh at you and your jokes rather than enjoy the story you are part of.

I'm going back into stand up next month. I'm absolutely terrified. I can go and act in front of people yet the fear of gigging again scares me. Probably because I was a fucking mess when I dropped it years back.

I assume that acting has less pressure, you've not written the material and your more clearly portraying a character. There must be more expectation on you too, people are there to laugh at you and your jokes rather than enjoy the story you are part of.

Yeah but it's Chili, he won't be writing the material here either [/callback]

Oil stick Ah bog roll in the fridge for tomorrah mawnings steamah

To battle the sting of the naan filled wiv chilli keema

Cahm on dahn for a special kind of party

The bowl won't be filled wiv keys but a pile of basmati

There's your first verse.

• Awards Moderator

I hope for a mid-song dance break where you stuff a garlic naan down your trousers and repeat "NOBODY CAN HAVE IT NOW CAN THEY".

"If you want some advice, I've got Naan,

This all you can eat curry goes aan and aan and aan...

And while I wouldn't wanna go low brow,

I'd do terrible things to this cracking Pilau"

With Houchen and I helping out, you've got the finalists of the UKFF's greatest ever battle rap competition on board here.

Archived