Sign in to follow this  
mikehoncho

It's today then ... (Trump thread)

3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I can imagine them going all in on those allegations against Biden, while ignoring or claiming media bias for the ones against Trump. And he’ll win. More decisively than last time. I love that people have hope he might not but even if he doesn’t, he’s never going to admit defeat, they’ll recount and recount and have to drag him out of the White House.

Yeah...or that.

It’s reached the stage where it’s very easy to feel beaten down by horrible election results to the point a Trump won feels inevitable. But I don’t think it is. He has a vocal, emboldened following and an army of Twitter bots and that creates a feeling of mass support. But I think that’s an illusion. Or at least, I hope it is.

Because if it isn’t you have to fear what he’ll do next. And you also have a country that’s crawled so far down the rabbit hole of hate that it would be hard to see any way out. And that would partly be because the UK would end up following them down that hole, blocking the exit. 

18 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The impeachment is irrelevant. He has a cult following. 100,000 dead, the whole country is burning and he still has a 42% approval.

That’s what I meant. I wouldn’t say it’s irrelevant as if anything it strengthened their resolve. 

Trump just tweeted that he’s designating “ANTIFA” as a terrorist organisation.  So he’s backing the fascists in what looks increasingly likely to break down into civil war.

Rapidly approaching the point of no return.

I'd love to know what his criteria for being ANTIFA is. 

If opposing fascism makes somebody a terrorist, then the world now has a hell of a lot more terrorists in it than it did this morning. 

20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If opposing fascism makes somebody a terrorist, then the world now has a hell of a lot more terrorists in it than it did this morning. 

A terrorist uses violent means or the express threat of violence against non political targets to further a political aim, it doesn’t necessarily have to be for or against a specific ideology does it?

I was always under the impression one contributing reason why some bombings or shootings are attributed terrorists and others are to rebels or freedom fighters is the the side of the fence the person reporting it is in relation to the act and the target of it. 

Generally speaking people are tolerant of terrorism against a fascist state and apposed to in favour of a fascist cause is because most people acknowledge that a fascist state is a bad thing, support rebellion against it and appose a fight for installing it, but it can still be an act of terrorism. It is, however, a word loaded these days to conjure up a specific image or perception.

That said just apposing a political ideal isn't the act of a terrorist, acts or threats of violence to express or implement that opposition can. 

Edited by Tommy!

I’ve seen videos and shit that bring me to a question.

Protest, fine, I understand that. But can someone explain to me what banks, target, Mercedes, capital one have to do with black lives matter

Edited by Mattt

1 minute ago, Mattt said:

I’ve seen videos and shit that bring me to a question.

Protest, fine, I understand that. But can someone explain to me what banks, target, Mercedes, capital one have to do with black lives matter

Nevermind that, I feeling for the guy who makes the Cheesecakes

I don’t normally watch Good Morning Britain, there was a debate on there about what’s happening in America. There was some white fella from America advocating Trump using the ‘looting and shooting’ quote. A black guy from London was saying how it was making it worse, the white guy in America used the ‘people like you’ clearly referencing his race. It’s a fucking state out there. Absolute arseholes. 

Also saw something on Twitter that made me chuckle - ‘Rulers that hide in bunkers - Hitler and Trump’

This is the problem with the news reporting WHAT is happening right now instead of WHY it's happening right now. The looters are a symptom; the reason is racial tensions stoked by a societal system of inequality. That Elmo idiot in front of a burning bin, a pathetic bid at 5 minutes of online celebrity, will get more views than Killer Mike, and the street activist posted previously decrying how decades later rioting and anger AREN'T WORKING and begging the teenage kid's generation to find a better way. A cop with a history of violence murders an unarmed black man, but that's already been shoved aside by arguments over 'whatever's to be done about these pesky black rioters'. Murder versus Rumbelow's front windows.