It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

... Donald Trump take office officially.

Book open on the first assassination attempt.

10/1 - today Friday  20 January 2017, between 11:30am & 11:55hrs EST (en route to the ceremony)

Evens - today Friday  20 January 2017,between 12:00pm & 12:25pm EST

2/1 - tomorrow (Saturday 21 January, between 00:01am & 23:59pm EST)

5/1 - today Friday  20 January 2017,between 12:30pm & 23:59pm EST

6/1 - anytime between 00:01am & 23:59pm EST on Sunday 22 January 2017

I still don't believe for a second he can deliver on that ludicrous idea.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but a fucking 10+bn. dollar Wall of unprecedented size and he's going to make Mexico pay for it "somehow".. give over! What after that, a 20 thousand ft. golden fire-breathing statue of himself, paid for by Cuba?

still, feeling just empty it's gotten to this point. Future ain't good

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Fuck knows where to put this but just had a BBC News notification saying Trump's given the go ahead to build the wall across the Mexican border.

#WeThePeople

I've just been reading the report on BBC. I can scarcely believe it, and keep having to tell myself that this isn't some sort of satirical TV show and this is actually happening. I mean, look at this:

Mr Trump spoke of a "crisis" on the southern US border as he signed the directives during a ceremony at the Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday.

The orders also called for hiring 10,000 immigration officials to help boost border patrol efforts.

"A nation without borders is not a nation," he said. "Beginning today the United States gets back control of its borders."

Mr Trump was joined by parents whose children, he said, had been "horribly killed by individuals living here illegally".

He read out their names and invited the parents to stand.

"For years the media has largely ignored the stories of Americans and lawful residents victimised by open borders," he added.

"To all of those hurting out there, I repeat to you these words: we hear you, we see you and you will never ever be ignored again."

This is some Brass Eye shit. How is this even happening in 2017, with the most powerful (for now) country in the world? One thing I'm not clear on, how can he possibly insist (which he is still doing to this day) that Mexico will pay for this wall? On which grounds is he basing this on?