Kurt Angle to be inducted into the hall of freaking fame

wordsfromlee

Great news, can't see him being cleared to have a match but they'll have him at mania in some capacity surely, probably to give Rusev a kicking.

If he doesn't do something with American Alpha they're missing a trick.

My first thought upon hearing the news is that someone will probably end up in the ankle lock at WM33 (if they don't want him taking a bump then the Angle Slam is out of the question).

My second thought is that they should put him on TV as American Alpha's manager/mouthpiece.

Leave him off house shows and just fly him in every Tuesday. Raises their profile massively.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Who is going to induct Kurt Angle? Austin or  Jericho are the two that come to mind. Maybe Brock? 

Judging by last year when the New Day inducted the Freebirds, probably Jordan and Gable.

*coughDavidBenoitcough* Sorry, it'd been dogging me, and sometimes you have to get these things out of your system.

In all seriousness, American Alpha or their other Kurt Angle tribute act Jack Swagger would be a good choice. I wonder whether they'll risk some kind of Bluray release/network collection given that there'd be a siezeable gap in there where they'd not be able/willing to stick many matches on.

• Paid Members

When they grow sick of Foley I could see Kurt making a good GM on Raw. I'm really pleased to hear he's being inducted and that he seems to be in a good place mentally. Like others have said, I can't wait to hear his music and the speech on the night.

• Paid Members

IIRC, he had a few matches on the indy's with Cody Rhodes recently. I'm sure if WWE offered him a match or part-time run he'd be fine with it - of course, WWE probably won't bother.

IIRC, he had a few matches on the indy's with Cody Rhodes recently. I'm sure if WWE offered him a match or part-time run he'd be fine with it - of course, WWE probably won't bother.

I would have Austin induct him. As a general rule of thumb, 90% of "comedy" content that WWE try and produce is about as funny as colonic irrigation. Those two together with Vince was genuinely laugh out loud stuff though.

Stick me down as another for who Angle is in their top three as well while we are at it. Such a good wrestler who just got how to become a success in sports entertainment

• Paid Members

The living and functional people I most associate with his WWE career are Lesnar, Austin, Shane McMahon, Jericho, The Rock, Triple H and Stephanie. I hope they get one of those to do the job instead of some random.

It's a shame WWE never got the TNA library because when they make the Angle DVD they'll be missing some of the finest matches of his career. Instead we'll get, "I was a mess on drugs when I left WWE... then I did stuff, got better and returned". He had so many great matches against talent like Styles, Joe, Roode, Jarrett and Sting.

Archived