Jimmy Snuka passes away.

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

In his day he had this bizarre charisma that you can see why he was such a star in 1983/84. Cracking theme tune and his finish sometimes looked astounding.

He did it though, hard to look around that. He was obviously a fucking nightmare at his worst.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reference to the Benoit fallout I think.

Indeed

Well I posted nothing like that. If I was misinterpreted I apologised and will elaborate.

Snuka has died. It's a shame a wrestling icon has went. It's also sad that, like I said, he'll be remembered by many for the wrong reasons. If he is guilty of murder it's still sad. He wouldn't deserve sympathy, but it's still sad for many reasons. For the sake of the deceased, for his fans, for the tarnished legacy.

I actually consider my post getting compared to that Benoit one insulting. I think you're just looking for the chance to be righteous, and dragging me into it makes you a cunt.

There was nothing unreasonable in anything you said and I wasn't comparing your post to that Benoit post, you were just a convenient foil to emphasise the stupidity of the original post.

It is going to be intriguing how they handle this after the arrest. Though it was likely he was never going to be fit to stand trial. We'll never know what really happened. If anything, the 10 bell salute is reserved for those who were working with WWE in some capacity. Be it a wrestler, notable Performance Center employee or guys on Legends deals. Not really politics in the slightest like Chyna. So at best I think it'll be an In Memorium graphic at the start of Raw.

• Paid Members

I think they might play it safe and stick a graphic on the start of Raw/Smackdown, but it could be ballsy doing some kind of tribute video or too much given the allegations around him at the moment. I can honestly say I think I've seen two matches involving him. One was against 'Taker at Mania, the other was against Jericho at Mania, so my knowledge is hugely lacking.

I don't think WWE will have any issue in doing the tribute video thing for Snuka. As far as they're concerned he was never convicted - and media can't start slagging them off as they'll have some serious lawsuits on there hands if they do.

I don't see them going "Warrior" style with his death but a graphic and a video most probably.

Have they never not acknowledged a HOFer passing?

I'm sure they have a few times. Lou Thesz is now in the legacy wing, and they completely neglected his death when it first happened. To the point Steve Austin did a Lou Thesz press and JR had no idea what to do. WWE got a bunch of shit for it, so they did a video on the following Smackdown.

Have they never not acknowledged a HOFer passing?

I'm sure they have a few times. Lou Thesz is now in the legacy wing, and they completely neglected his death when it first happened. To the point Steve Austin did a Lou Thesz press and JR had no idea what to do. WWE got a bunch of shit for it, so they did a video on the following Smackdown.

What's their problem with Lou Thesz?

I don't know what their problem with Thesz is. He did some stuff with them  in the 80s, Vince was friendly towards him on TNT and put him over, then he won the legends battle royale in 1987. They didn't want to include him in the legends feature at Badd Blood '97 until Cornette and possibly some other people kicked up a fuss. Thesz was an NWA guy and said some negative stuff about the WWF style in the 80s but no more than plenty of the other old-timers. I don't know why they didn't induct him as a regular HOFer, his wife is still living to accept on his behalf. Most of other guys in the legacy wing are from a generation or two before Thesz, where it really wouldn't work to have them as regular inductees.

Archived