The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I know he won't win, but all I keep thinking about is what if he does? What if  he somehow clips Floyd? What if Floyd doesn't take him seriously? What if Floyd suddenly gets old?

It'll be the greatest story ever.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I know he won't win, but all I keep thinking about is what if he does? What if  he somehow clips Floyd? What if Floyd doesn't take him seriously? What if Floyd suddenly gets old?

It'll be the greatest story ever.

That's what I secretly think will happen. But I need to play it cool until it does.

As of this moment I can't look past anything other than Mayweather dancing round for the majority of the fight before finishing in the closing rounds. I'll be the first to admit that my boxing knowledge is sketchy at best but the ability gap between the two is apparent even to someone who holds a just a vague interest in the sport like me.

That said, I can't wait to hop onto the McGregor bandwagon come fight night. I'm so excited for him to convince me he's knocking Floyd out in the first. It feels like it's been ages.

What an utterly incredible story. There's going to be films made in the future about Conor's life. 28 years of age and stands to make $100 million from one fight. Even if he does get spanked he's going to be laughing so hard on the way to the bank I doubt he'll give a fuck.

• Paid Members

yeh, despite my skepticism and a big part of me not really wanting to see this happen im just gonna forget about all that and enjoy this for what it is. It's going to the biggest fight in history and one of the most unique sporting events we're ever likely to witness. I'm going along for the ride...

• Paid Members
Just now, JNLister said:

How the fuck does the athletic commission sanction this? It's literally the best boxer of his generation against a 0-0 guy.

i guess they turn a blind eye when the Vegas commision sees how much money this will generate for the city.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, JNLister said:

How the fuck does the athletic commission sanction this? It's literally the best boxer of his generation against a 0-0 guy.

1) $

2) McGregor is a double-UFC champ though. They do consider that. 

3) $

This is madness.

I'll talk more about the fight specifics later, but I can't help but think this fight creates a nightmare for the UFC if they truly feel Conor will fight for them right after Mayweather. He's going to make $100 million from this fight, and then they'll expect him to take a $2 mil payday for fighting Diaz/Ferguson/Nurmagomedov? Conor's negotiating prices skyrockets after this fight, no matter what happens.

I mean, even if Conor gets obliterated, will it reflect that badly on him? Pro boxing debut against maybe the greatest ever? Well... yeah, there'll be morons that go, "see, told you boxing was better than UFC", ignoring that if Floyd stepped in the Octagon, he'd be lucky to last a round.

• Paid Members

I'm convinced I woke up in another dimension. The fuck is his?!

Dana sold the shit out of the fight on the conference call. Playing up the "look, if McGregor hits you, you go to sleep. Can McGregor touch Mayweather?".

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alCEZhpUwrk&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=0HFe9WzG13VvTuLZ-6

• Paid Members

How do they even come up with that crazy figure of $100M for McGregor? A couple of weeks ago that's what Mayweather was getting. Is that sort of money even realistic, for either fighter?

Archived