The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

47 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

People have mentioned it to me who only have a passing interest in combat sport, if any at all. 

None of my family have any interest in combat sports but they've all been asking me about the fight.

This is an event that is reaching people well outside of the usual sphere of interest, and I think it's doing so to a greater degree than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. I think this show has a very good shot at breaking the record for PPV buys.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I saw posters outside some venues in East London at the weekend promoting long opening hours and screenings of the fight. I've never seen anything like that before for a combat sport event ... and I've actively looked for it for some UFC shows!

Little stuff tells me this has crossed over in a way that other stuff just hasn't in the past.

Stuff like this: there's a group of burger places in London called Lucky Chip and they're doing this:

1 hour ago, herbie747 said:

Yeah, it's really hard to gauge. There's never been anything like this.

Everyone has heard about it - he only question is whether or not they'll buy it. MMA fans will. Boxing fans may not. But the general public is key with huge buyrates.

That part in bold is spot on, we have nothing like this to gauge it against.

Fuck it, the PPV buy rate won't be paying my rent any time soon. I'm just interested in the actual spectacle of the fight itself, and the build up. Couldn't care how many other people watch it.

• Paid Members

I'm a BT TV subscriber with a YouView box.

Am I right in thinking that the only way I can watch it is to buy the stream for my laptop / PC?

Pretty sure that's the case but want to double check before I pull the trigger.

16 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

you can sign up to Now TV and buy the PPV through that. Either get a Now TV box cheap (about 15 quid) or do it through the app on your ps4/xbox/laptop.

Sorry I'm certain this has been covered previously but I'm in the same boat as @Chunk

Take it all you'd need to do is register (not have any active membership in place) and can be done? Will it be the UK/Sky Box Office broadcast and/or in HD? **edit - seems like this may only work on the NOWTV box and not the App version..**

• Paid Members

I wonder if the same buzz is happening in the states, which will be key if it has a chance of beating the biggest buy rate. The Wednesday presser is surely going to do the business, so long as Floyd keeps his bloody shark skin school bag in the bag.

Yaaaaay.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

you can sign up to Now TV and buy the PPV through that. Either get a Now TV box cheap (about 15 quid) or do it through the app on your ps4/xbox/laptop.

Thanks I was wondering if there was an equivalent way to do it YouView box instead of a Now TV box. I couldn't find one by searching either.

Can't be arsed to drop £15 for a Now TV box that I'll never use again so will just go with the laptop route.

• Paid Members

The closer we get to this the more I'm dreading having to see pictures and memes about Mayweather going 50-0.

If ever there was a guy that needs a humbling, it's him. Imagine him getting beat, going 49-1 and having to carry his own bloody school bag around! Perfect.

Archived