The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gad was a massive prick as usual, but that was countered by the great analysis from Dan Hardy. Also what Steve Bunce said about Boxing being a shambles with some of the guys who have fought for titles is spot on. Though comparing this fight to Inoki vs Ali or Toney vs Couture is irrelevant since they were both total shambles. 

13 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Also what Steve Bunce said about Boxing being a shambles with some of the guys who have fought for titles is spot on.

Agreed. A lot of the purists that have crapped on this fight are conveniently forgetting that boxing is regularly being littered with fights that are far more of a joke than this one. As Bunce said, boxing needs to get its own house in order before it starts casting aspersions on Conor/Floyd.

• Paid Members

I was under the impression that Bunce was one of the ones shitting all over this fight but, fair play, he talked a lot of sense there. It's clear he's not in love with it but he seems to recognise what's what. 

Nice to see such a range of talking heads on that. Canelo, Golovkin, Hatton, De La Hoya, even Fish Eyes Warren. It was well done. Can't wait for Showtime's stuff to start coming out. 

GAD can fuck off. 

• Paid Members

It's a good documentary for building up excitement. It's easy to lose myself in all of the hype, get invested and believe Conor has a chance, so it's definitely successful in that sense.

Supposedly there's been so much money put on Conor since the World Tour that the Vegas bookies are going to lose their arse if he somehow wins. The amount of money put on him is why his odds are now ridiculously short, something around 3/1. I guess that's the power of the build up so far. That they've managed to convince a huge amount of people that Conor has a chance also suggests this is probably going to do extremely well on pay per view. 

Of all the boxing pundits, I thought Ricky's Hatton came across the best. Realistic, honest, but saying he hopes Conor, "flattens," him. Brilliant.

Dan Hardy was excellent. 

• Paid Members

Good interview with Paulie Malignaggi post-spar here...

Is it just me or has he got a bit of a shiner there? 

Interesting interview. Sounds like they had a good spar and worked some stuff out with the convo after. Reading between the lines a bit, I get the impression that Paulie is pleasantly surprised. 

It's still going to be a different animal entirely getting in there with Mayweather but it's a positive. 

If Conor is winning this, it isn’t because he’s going to outbox Mayweather. Even if Mayweather has slipped, he will still be a better boxer than Conor. Where Conor wins this is if he can use precision, timing, superior speed; the physical attributes where he is most likely going to hold an actual advantage over Mayweather. Conor’s boxing doesn’t have to be good; it just has to be good enough for him to be able to make use of those advantages.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Noah Southworth said:

he can use precision, timing, superior speed; the physical attributes where he is most likely going to hold an actual advantage over Mayweather. 

He holds none of those above Mayweather.

Archived