The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

He's definitely big CB, no doubt about it, but I don't think he's bigger than when he fought Nate or Alvarez. For me at least he's just shedding at bit more of the fat (and i use that term loosely here) that according to George Lockhart will improve his speed.

From what he said, he wants Mcgregor coming into fight week with hardly any weight to cut. which suggests he could possibly be walking around at early 160's (fight week) as opposed to the late 160's for his 155llb fights. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, herbie747 said:

UK broadcaster TBC, but looks like it'll be in Sterling? Yeah, no shit.

Round my way "£££" tends to mean "lots of money", it's likely he meant the same judging by the prices quoted for other countries.

22 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Not usually my style but I will do everything in my power to avoid paying for this. None of the cunts involved need my money. 

Pretty much the same here.  Given the time it'll kick off, I won't be staying up.  If I avoid spoilers then I avoid spoilers and will watch the next day. 

• Paid Members

the reaction to the Conor/Paulie pictures has been weird, ive seen 'Conor schools Paulie', 'Conor toys with former World Champion', 'Floyds in trouble'. All based off of that single image, barmy times.

It's the one thing that bothers me most about this fight, it's all so heavily stage managed. Or seems it.

It wasn't that bad, until a journo somewhere pointed out how on the press tour they let each other get their points in, without stepping on their sound bites as if they were choreographed. Possibly coincidence, but really bothered me.

Now, I see a picture like that (soon after the 'Conor got knocked out' stories) and just think 'Paulie got a few quid for that'.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It's the one thing that bothers me most about this fight, it's all so heavily stage managed. Or seems it.

It wasn't that bad, until a journo somewhere pointed out how on the press tour they let each other get their points in, without stepping on their sound bites as if they were choreographed. Possibly coincidence, but really bothered me.

I think it's just both sides knowing that the best thing for business is that they each get a chance to shine. It makes for better soundbites if you have just one guy getting his shit in than both guys trying to, and those are the ones that resonate more and get the fight over more.

On 18/07/2017 at 8:40 AM, Really Big Shoe said:

BT Sport have a Conor special on called Doubt Me Now, next Monday at 4am. Fox Sports in the US have the prelims but I'd imagine whomever gets the rights in the UK will include it as part of the PPV package. 

It's on at 10 tonight, then repeated at 4am Monday

Archived