The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My main reason for disliking Schaub is how embarrassingly awful he comes across whenever I've seen him on Rogan's podcast. I don't listen to it regularly or anything, but clips will often be recommended to me on YouTube and every time I've watched a segment with Schaub in he always comes across as painfully desperate to impress Joe. It's like Rogan is the cool kid in class and Schaub is one of his goons that'll do and say anything to impress or curry favour with him. It's genuinely uncomfortable to watch sometimes.

• Paid Members

That's definitely true, sometimes, Supremo. I listen to Rogan's podcast quite a bit and it's always awkward when Schaub repeats something Rogan said a few episodes back. Especially so when Rogan forgets he said it and starts to disagree, because Schaub quickly unravels.

One example, Schaub repeated Rogan's "Russians are the toughest people in the world" line, but Rogan was in one of his contrarian moods, or forgot it's a thought he continually puts out there, and said something like "Well, that's not true. How many world champion Russians are there in UFC?". Of course, there are none, so Schaub's moment of bonding with Joe quickly dissolved into him looking like a dunce, again, because he parroted something he never thought out.

The Cyborg episode of FATK was awkward because of his previous Joe worship too.

Also, back on Conor, the UFC Performance Institute looks like an incredible facility. If you've been following McGregor on Instagram, you'll get a decent look at all the cool training equipment they have packed into the place.

Conor looks massive for this. In such shape, I'm off to the gym later.

• Paid Members

1-2-Tree, fuck Brendan Schaub. 

Nah seriously, I wouldn't say I hate him. That's a word I'd reserve only for the most absolutely vile people in the history of the human race. Like Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Piers Morgan, Frank Mir, people like that. Schaub's just a big unfunny, overbearing, Joe Rogan arselicking, constant "bro" saying, divvy. I can't take him seriously at all. He's not quite as had now as when he was fighting and saying he'd crush JDS in a pure striking match and outwrestle Cain or whatever it was. But he's still proper shite. At everything. IMO. Obviously not everyone agrees with that because his podcast does very well apparently. Fine. But to me he's just terrible. 

• Paid Members

Paulie Malignaggi is supposed to be sparring Conor McGregor for the first time today according to Paulie on Schaub's podcast. Full thing's on YouTube if you can stomach Schaub that long but here's Paulie on about his role in the McGregor camp and what he expects from it;

And here's a really good interview with Eddie Alvarez. He's giving Conor a better chance than most;

Edited for bonus Steve Austin's take on the fight;

• Paid Members

That Rogan/Schaub thing was uncomfortable to watch but I thought Rogan was spot on with that. It wasn't what Schaub wanted to hear but it was definitely what he needed. He was in denial big time. 

Rogan: How do you think a straight wrestling match between you and Cain Velasquez would go? 

Schaub: I think people would be surprised. 

Rogan: Really? I think you'd be surprised. I think you'd get smashed.

Something like that. Just brutal and Schaub had no comeback. 

15 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Conor looks massive for this. In such shape, I'm off to the gym later.

I know fuck all about boxing admittedly, but surely packing on muscle wouldn't be the greatest idea for Conor? Floyd's such a fast, elusive fighter, and you'd think the extra muscle would slow Conor down and affect his cardio (although it would increase his punching power, but he needs to catch Floyd first).

I can't help but get excited for this after watching the press conferences. Although, much like the Conor-Aldo build, it amuses me that they call 3 North American stops + London a "world tour". Time to educate myself on boxing and Floyd. I've only seen two Mayweather fights- Pacquiao and Big Show. I was far more impressed by Mayweather vs. Show. :p

• Paid Members

I'm no boxing expert either, but, similar to Joshua packing on obscene slabs of muscle, you imagine it's all to do with Conor looking to up his punching power for the KO; turning up being physically more imposing than Floyd? He's not got to worry about the grind of takedowns and grappling, so he maybe feels he can get away with it.

By comparison, Joshua undoubtably had ridiculous power v Klitschko, but any time he upped his attack and thew a few combination, he was absolutely gassed for a round or two. Granted, that is fighting at HW.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

I know fuck all about boxing admittedly, but surely packing on muscle wouldn't be the greatest idea for Conor? Floyd's such a fast, elusive fighter, and you'd think the extra muscle would slow Conor down and affect his cardio (although it would increase his punching power, but he needs to catch Floyd first).

. :p

He's in ridiculously good shape, but that doesn't mean he's packing on muscle. He's certainly no more muscular than before, and he needs to cut to 154llbs unlike 155llbs in his last fight.

His nutritionist has also come out saying his diet is geared more towards speed than power as well. He's just looking extremely lean. 

Archived