WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My initial call before the brackets were released was Joe Connors to win.

Why do you no longer think Conners will no longer win it now the brackets are released?

Roy Johnson to win it all.

'Roy Better Know'

• Paid Members

My money is on a Trent/Dunne final.

First Round

Tyler over Tucker

Burch over Devlin but proper smashes him

Trent over HC

Wolfgang over T-Bone

Mark Andrews over Moloney

Conners over Drake

Dunne over Body Guy

Huxley/Gradwell a draw so Dunne gets a by.

Burch ruins Tyler to set up a semi final vs his mate Trent

Trent beats Wolfgang by some kind of luck after a bit of a battering and involving the brass knuckles (they made a point of showing these in the promo build up bits)

Mark Andrews beats Conners but gets a beat down after

Trent bests Burch

Dunne beats Mark Andrews

There's your final. I'm struggling to pick between the two.

Apologies for the Poweslam style house show write up, I was running out of words.

We've done a short preview for the show that should break down the different competitors and their varying histories and chances of winning a little better. One of our hosts is attending both nights so he'll be doing a live review next week also.

I don't often boast, but it was definitely a lot better than the WWE network preview show! You can find it here: http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/wwe-united-kingdom-championship-tournament-preview-show/

My initial call before the brackets were released was Joe Connors to win.

Why do you no longer think Conners will no longer win it now the brackets are released?

I can see him getting past Mark Andrews to set up a match against Pete Dunne in the semis but I don't think he'll go over in that. Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to see him do it as, other than T-Bone, he's the one who's career I've followed the longest so I want to see him do well. I remember watching him for the first time in 2009ish in an opener against Ligero infront of 8 people for NBW and he was great then. He's gone from strength to strength and was great as WCPW champion, I can just see Dunne or Seven winning it now with the amount of time they're devoting to them in the build up videos and the way the brackets are structured. If Connors wins I'll claim I knew he'd do it all along obviously, Bobby Heenan style.

• Paid Members

No, The Miz appeared on there years ago as he was sporting a Blue Peter badge on Raw for a while afterwards.

Edit: and Onyx decided to neglect to mention poor old Nigel McGuinness sitting there next to Maggle :(

• Awards Moderator

No, The Miz appeared on there years ago as he was sporting a Blue Peter badge on Raw for a while afterwards.

Edit: and Onyx decided to neglect to mention poor old Nigel McGuinness sitting there next to Maggle :(

Michael Cole is the jarring bit of that image. No disrespect to Nig Mcg! 

Archived