TV Theme Songs and Soundtracks

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Now the British Gladiators theme is a shoe in for this thread, however, it's American counterpart is the absolute bum sex.

You listen to that then tell me you don't want to go outside for a fight or do some press ups.

Rick rightly doffs his cap to the cartoon themes of our era, and there are few better than this beauty.

In fact pretty much anything by Haim Saban and Shuky Levy warrants a place in this thread.

I have very VERY fond memories of school sick days and the joy of behind around to listen to this during my day off..

And finally I'm not going to post it cos the theme itself ain't much cop, but when people ask me, and they often do "Matrix, what's your favourite Saxophone solo of all time" do I answer Baker Street? Do I balls. It's that one off the Fun House theme, hands down.

• Paid Members

Bit of Bread is it? Shite show, fine theme.

May have been John Matrix who posted that Wheel Warriors song on here a few years back, after a good 15 years of me trying to find it. There was an advert for it on a Ghostbusters video I had as a child and couldnt remember what the cartoon was. I swear my life was enhanced by knowing it. Thanks Matrix.

• Paid Members

Loved that bit by Brooker on TV themes, lambastimg Lost for just having a noise, then lauding up Ronnie Hazlehurst as he'd revently passed on.

Hazlehurst truly is the master of Theme Songs for me.

Sorry is wonderful.

https://youtu.be/GJQ-ZircSO0

Matt Berry's band's cover on Screenwipe was fantastic too and has been my ringtone since I heard it.

https://youtu.be/08KG5_2Tp8g