Didn't even have to use my AK (minor annoyances)

Gus Mears

When pub quizzes get their answers wrong.

"What is the maximum break in snooker"

Quizmasters answer: 147. All the idiots in the quiz cheer.

Actual answer: 155 due to the possibility of the free ball rule being in effect on the first shot allowing the player to nominate a colour as an extra 'red' essentially creating the possibility of 16 reds and blacks and therefore One Five Fucking Five.

Did the quiz master listen? Did he fuck.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Turned into a running joke at my dads old local. The quiz came from the brewery, no problems there, but the landlord set the weekly bonus question with a rollover jackpot going up by a tenner a week. The question one week was "name the state capital of Mississippi," but instead of Jackson the landlord insisted it was Jacksdale (tiny village on the Notts/Derbyshire border). Each week after that for months, the only answer anyone gave to the bonus question was Jacksdale.

Turned into a running joke at my dads old local. The quiz came from the brewery, no problems there, but the landlord set the weekly bonus question with a rollover jackpot going up by a tenner a week. The question one week was "name the state capital of Mississippi," but instead of Jackson the landlord insisted it was Jacksdale (tiny village on the Notts/Derbyshire border). Each week after that for months, the only answer anyone gave to the bonus question was Jacksdale.

That is top trolling. As someone who has been a quiz master, I can tell you, our word is final...FINAL

When pub quizzes get their answers wrong.

"What is the maximum break in snooker"

Quizmasters answer: 147. All the idiots in the quiz cheer.

Actual answer: 155 due to the possibility of the free ball rule being in effect on the first shot allowing the player to nominate a colour as an extra 'red' essentially creating the possibility of 16 reds and blacks and therefore One Five Fucking Five.

Did the quiz master listen? Did he fuck.

Politely inform him of the Alphonso Bonzo rule, whereby it's explained in great detail about maximum breaks in snooker.

I used to love pub quizzes, but after descending on a bar where they have a league table and people look for question patterns and gawd knows what else in order to 'win' the quiz it kinda takes the fun out of it .All that because one of the teams once went on Master Team and got utterly annihilated, the backward arse yokel pillocks.

What happened to the yeah it's a laugh, will have a buffet and then Open the Box, Play your cards right or something similar things?  One of the rounds at this quiz was a music rounds with B sides of obscure 1950's and 1960's bands that charted between 75-100 in the chart or similar. To the surprise of no-one, the average round score was 0.. so so wrong

Yeah, you've got to know where to pitch the questions.

I once got abused by an ex work colleague because of a question about how many gold medals team GB won on Super Saturday 2012. The amount of medals, not just the events. So rowing team of 4 counts as 4 medals, not 1. It got embarrassing, and he continued to email me articles and links throughout the week.

Let it go mate.

• Paid Members

Teabags in the sink when I'm cleaning it. What the fuck is that about? Butter over the remote control. All things that are the bane of my life.

I don't want to be digging up old posts for the sake of it, but I had to point out that this has had me creasing for the past 45 minutes. Everytime I think I'm over it, "butter over the remote control" pops into my head and I lose it again.

• Paid Members

Teabags in the sink when I'm cleaning it. What the fuck is that about? Butter over the remote control. All things that are the bane of my life.

I don't want to be digging up old posts for the sake of it, but I had to point out that this has had me creasing for the past 45 minutes. Everytime I think I'm over it, "butter over the remote control" pops into my head and I lose it again.

Some idiot here must have had a hand full of butter and used the remote control. I imagine nothing remotely kinky has happened, Not from my side.

Archived