LPW Presents Winter Bash 2017

LPW

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6th May TTG's Lip Sync Battle event is going to be at Belgrave Music Hall, Leeds LS2 8JP. Tickets are £10

Also i am going to the Jeremy Kyle show so look out for me fans as your soooo obsessed with me.

This has been a truly immense, and immersive read.

Adam - take a moment to think about what you're posting, and whether your reaction is justifiable when compared to the comments of others within the thread. You posted a comment which could be inferred as a very real, very genuine death threat. The type of action which can result in serious consequence and punishment from the law, at the very least. I hope you understand when you posted that reply the implications that type of comment could have. This isn't a joke, nor is it a fantasy life, you made a comment which could be easily implied as a death threat. 

And for what? What is your basis? 

You open up a thread to advertise an upcoming show. Perfectly fine. Date, venue, ticket prices all included. Again, no issue with this, it's what somebody would expect when reading a post advertising a show. A few joking comments are made, which if anything, you should be pleased with. All these comments are keeping your thread about your event at the top of this sub-forum. No, they may not be particularly supportive nor encouraging but if it results in some new pairs of eyes becoming interested in your promotion, then there's no issue in them continuing. 

A few people begin to comment reasonable questions. Questions that would be asked of any promoter, regardless of reputation if they posted an opening identical to yours. The most simple solution would be to answer their questions, using correct grammar and punctuation, and wish them a good day. If they would like any more information they can do so by reading your event page. That's alls. Feel free to update the thread when new information that has relevance to the show is released, and to answer any genuine questions, but apart from that, why feel the need to frequent the forum? Judging from your past threads, people are going to be posting in your thread anyway. Their reasoning doesn't matter, you've said your piece, all the information is there for people to look at - if people want to comment or make puns, so what? They're bringing more eyes to your product as a result. It's publicity for your show and you don't even have to lift a finger. 

If people are going to make puns about Chinese food, why not incorporate? I'm not saying re-label your entire show structure around noodles and dragons, but serve Chinese food as an option. From what I can gather, you promote events which cater to a family audience, so nobody from that criteria is going to bat an eyelid. At the very worst, you don't sell much and make a small loss. Best case scenario, you genuinely shift a few tickets because you can show those who frequent this forum you aren't a thin-skinned man insecure about every single detail of your show. Again, you cater your shows to a family audience, who presumably attend your shows to find family entertainment. Nobody is going to give you shit for taking on ideas suggested by the majority and giving people what they want. Again, worst case scenario you find a few people having a laugh, best case scenario you find a new niche which you can take forth onto other shows going forward. You don't have to change everything, but the implementation of these small details will at least ensure people can see you can somewhat take a laugh.

Which brings me to my ultimate point, your conduct inside this thread. This thread has had over 7000 views already. I'll go on a limb to suggest for a wide range of those people, they haven't encountered you before. They aren't going into the thread thinking "haha lets see what Adam's doing to make himself look like a dick" - they're going to go in with a blank mind and a potential interest of supporting your promotion. They'll scan through your thread and before you know it there you are sending out death threats to somebody. Think there's much of a chance of them wanting to stick around after reading that? Is a single mother of three children going to read that and want to take her kids along to see a show?  You complain often about people targeting you, but you don't seem to understand you make yourself an easy target for people. You aren't any different from anybody else on this forum, yet how many other promoters do you see behaving like you? Do you think the guys who run PROGRESS, or ICW, or RevPro would call someone out for a fight every time they see someone taking the piss? This thread was amassing a lot of views. 7000 pairs of eyes will now have the lasting impression of you being a twat who sends out death threats over the internet. Is that the imagine your company is going for? It might be dis encouraging opening a thread and seeing people have a laugh at your expense, but fucking stop and THINK before you send a reply. There was nothing good going to transpire out of you continually replying to those within this thread, and just like magic that prediction has proved itself as fact. 

Your conduct has been nothing short of laughable, and for your sake I really hope you sort this mess out.

EDIT: The news of you going onto the Jeremy Kyle show validates my point about you deliberately making yourself an easy target perfectly. "People said things about me on the internet so I threatened to kill them - why not use your fucking brain and think about how that situation is going to play out.

Gus you wanna talk about my family how about u pop down to Leeds and say this shit to my face mate because it be the last fucking thing you say u fucking little ball less cunt

I am going to watch as a fan

SORRY I had to use this account. LPW would not let me in for some reason.

• Paid Members

Anyone trying to apply logic or sense to Bowler should be banned from this thread.

We want nothing but Chinese food and Rob Brydon in here, thanks.

Edit: Fucking hell chokeout, I just broke a (Peking) rib.

Gus you wanna talk about my family how about u pop down to Leeds and say this shit to my face mate because it be the last fucking thing you say u fucking little ball less cunt

I am going to watch as a fan

SORRY I had to use this account. LPW would not let me in for some reason.

That's it then, completely disregard everything I mentioned in my prior post because you've done it now. I can't fathom the belief that you are an actual normal, functioning human being who decides this is the most acceptable way to deal with criticism. 

Why wouldn't I say oriental cuisine based puns to your face? I'll be at the Jerry Lawler show in Manchester in March if you fancy a pie and pint though. It's close to Chinatown too so a buffet could be on the cards?

YOU HAVE JUST GOT YOURSELF A FUCKING FIGHT LAD NAME A PLACE AND TIME AND I COME MEET YOU YOU DIRTY LITTLE CUNT

Chokeout for President.

Archived