Royal Rumble 2017 Discussion [Stats Edition]

tiger_rick

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've just missed a good 5 minutes of Cena Vs AJ through buffering. If it happens again I think I might knock it on the head and pick up from where I left off in the morning. My guess is people wanting to skip the undercard.

Styles and Cena was great, even if they got a little silly with the finishers. The Rumble match was so boring, was expecting a big surprise at 30 considering how there was only two surprises in Dillinger (who was obvious) and Henry.

They must be trying to get Reigns booed

Managed to avoid potential spoilers and odds for the Rumble so was totally shocked with the outcome. I had Jericho down with a big chance but when he came out at number I wrote him off. Then he spent an age pissing around on the outside so was still surprised when he was eventually eliminated. You gotta think Bray is winning the title in a couple of weeks at the Chamber PPV, but who knows. Strowman put in a good shift and Tye Dillinger did well with his time too. And as said above, yeah they were definitely wanting Reigns to get booed at the end. Not that that's difficult. I was waiting for Samoa Joe's music to hit!

I enjoyed Owens/Reigns despite being totally bored with the whole feud, and Styles/Cena was great.

• Paid Members

Undercard was solid to great but the Rumble was an absolute chore. Is that setting up Reigns and Taker for mania then? I thought they were on different shows, fucks knows, I can't keep up with their booking these days.

• Paid Members

Surprised and extremely underwhelmed with the winner. Orton could retire tomorrow and I wouldn't give a shit. I guess the titles have been devalued so much that the Rumble winner doesn't mean that much anymore. All eyes were on Brock, Goldberg and Taker.

Brock and Goldberg parts of rumble were great. Brock chucking Dolph and Ambrose out like sacks of shit was brutal, if i was them I'd wonder who I upset backstage.

Everyone moans about Taker looking old every year but he looked genuinely terrible here, like Andre in his later years, big gut, stumbling around. He needs to lose that gut too, He doesn't look like he can have a 20 minute match anytime soon.

Thought Cena/Styles was great. The crowd started cheering for Cena in the end didnt they?

Final moan. I thought the building was lit terribly, Rumble 97 is really bright you can see the huge crowd, this was so blacked out it looked like another 10k crowd. What a waste!

Yeah there were no real spots or moments of comedy like in past Rumbles. It just Rumbled on.  I marked out for Goldberg.  How he and Brock can go 10+ mins I have no idea though.  

Taker was unpretty to say the least, especially in taking a spear, but I must admit I was rooting for him to set up the match with Cena. 

I think Strowman is an absolute star btw, glad they have not pulled the trigger on him too soon though. 

Archived