Tag team matches

Jimmy Boy

Edge and Mysterio vs Angle and Benoit from No Mercy 2002, if you can stomach watching Benoit stuff.

DX vs Legacy from SummerSlam 2009 is always worth a watch.

More recently, one of the Usos vs Harper and Rowan matches from 2004 was absolutely splendid. It was either on a PPV or a PPV pre-show.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there a triple threat tag between Angle/Benoit, Edge/Rey and Los Guerreros at Survivor Series 2002? I seem to recall that being decent.

• Paid Members

Yes, in fact there are loads of decent tag matches from that era from Smackdown. Even after the end of the 'Smackdown Six', you had WGTT, Tajiri, Kidman and a couple of others thrown into the mix with decent results.

That Midnights vs Southern Boys match blew me away the first time I saw it, WWF just didn't have great midcard matches like that at the time. It was the opener on the VHS tape but they cut 3 or 4 matches off.

Yes! The first match of the first wrestling tape I owned (Great American Bash 90). It remains one of my favourite matches to this day.

On the same show, Doom vs Rock n Roll Express was very good too and Steiners vs Freebirds was reasonable too. A wonderful PPV for tag team wrestling.

From around the same time, I thought the Doom vs Steiners matches from late 89 and early 90 were really fun too. Simmons and Reed were a great match for Rick and Scott and surprisingly Simmons in particular took the big Steiner offence brilliantly.

• 3 months later...

Since the hall of fame I've been watching old rock and roll express matches - obsessed with them! Recommend me the best ones please peeps 

Archived