The 2016 UKFF50: The Final 50 - vote now!

Linus

• Paid Members

These are the 50 wrestlers that made it through to the final 50, and stage two (the promotions in brackets are where they made at least 3 appearances this year):

Mark Andrews (PROGRESS, ATTACK!, Southside, Fight!Nation)
Travis Banks (Southside, Fight Club: PRO, ATTACK!, WCPW, PROGRESS, Kamikaze, Grand-Pro, ICW, OTT)
Tyler Bate (ATTACK!, Kamikaze, Fight Club: PRO, Southside, OTT, WCPW, PROGRESS, VII-Pro)
Mike Bird (ATTACK!, ICW, Chaos, ProEVO, Dragon-Pro, Fight Club: PRO, VII-Pro)
Davey Blaze (aka Davey Boy) (ICW, PBW, BCW, PWE, Rock N Wrestle)
Josh Bodom (RevPro, Fight!Nation, UPW)
Chris Brookes (ATTACK!, Fight Club: PRO, Southside, IPW:UK, Kamikaze, VII-Pro, IronFist, Dragon-Pro, Vertigo-Pro)
Rampage Brown (PCW, WCPW, PROGRESS, NGW, Tidal, IPW:UK, Absolute, Reckless Intent, FutureShock, Target, All-Star)
Bubblegum (PCW, NGW, Southside, Grand-Pro, Absolute, Just Do, WAW, BCW)
Joe Coffey (ICW, WCPW, PROGRESS, PWE, Discovery, PBW, WWWL, SWA, BCW, 5*, Target, Source)
Nathan Cruz (NGW, PROGRESS, All-Star, ICW, WAW, MegaSlam)
Noam Dar (ICW, PCW, WCPW, RevPro, PWE, BCW)
James Davis (IPW:UK, PROGRESS, PCW, Southside, Future-Pro)
Tom Dawkins (aka Pure Britannico, aka Pavo Real) (Lucha Britannia, IPW:UK, WrestleForce, XWA, Future-Pro)
Damian Dunne (Southside, ATTACK!, Kamikaze, PROGRESS, Fight Club: PRO, VII-Pro, IPW:UK)
Pete Dunne (Southside, RevPro, ATTACK!, OTT, PROGRESS, Kamikaze, Fight Club: PRO, WCPW, HOP:E, VII-Pro, IPW:UK)
Tommy End (PROGRESS, Southside, ICW, OTT)
Jack Gallagher (PROGRESS, Grand-Pro, FutureShock)
Drew Galloway (ICW, PCW, WCPW, BCW)
Zack Gibson (PROGRESS, FutureShock, NGW, IPW:UK, ICW, Absolute)
Grado (ICW, PBW, PWE, BCW, WCPW)
BT Gunn (ICW, PBW, GPWA, PWE, Target, BCW, Rock N Wrestle, MEW, Discovery, Southside)
Mark Haskins (Southside, PROGRESS, 4FW, RevPro, Fight!Nation, NGW)
Jimmy Havoc (IPW:UK, ICW, PROGRESS, 5*)
Joey Hayes (PCW, FutureShock, Grand-Pro, Alpha-Omega)
Joe Hendry (ICW, WCPW, PCW, NGW, PWE, Discovery)
Martin Kirby (PCW, WCPW, Southside, Target, HOP:E, ATTACK!, Absolute, Grand-Pro, Kamikaze, Chaos, IPW:UK, MEW)
El Ligero (Southside, PCW, MegaSlam, WCPW, NGW, PROGRESS, HOP:E, Tidal, Kamikaze, Chaos, ATTACK!, OTT, BCW)
Lionheart (ICW, PCW, GPWA, PBW, NGW)
Rob Lynch (IPW:UK, PROGRESS, PCW, Southside, Future-Pro)
Dave Mastiff (PCW, PROGRESS, Vertigo-Pro, PWE, 4FW, IPW:UK, OTT)
Nixon Newell (Southside, ATTACK!, Fight Club: PRO, WCPW, Kamikaze, BEW, VII-Pro, Dragon-Pro, PROGRESS)
Will Ospreay (aka Neo Britannico) (Southside, RevPro, PROGRESS, WCPW, Future-Pro, IPW:UK, HOP:E, OTT, RCWA, 5*, Kamikaze)
Jackie Polo (ICW, Target, Source, PWE, SWA)
Kay Lee Ray (ICW, Southside, Pro-Wrestling EVE, Bellatrix, Fight Club: PRO)
Iestyn Rees (PCW, ICW, UPW, PWE, PROGRESS)
Chris Ridgeway (PCW, ICW, HOP:E, Southside, Grand-Pro, Alpha-Omega, PBW, Just Do, VII-Pro, Vertigo-Pro)
Zack Sabre Jr (RevPro, PROGRESS, 5*, Southside)
Sha Samuels (ICW, PCW, RevPro, PWE, BCW, IPW:UK)
Marty Scurll (PROGRESS, RevPro, OTT, UPW, WCPW, 5*, Fight!Nation)
Trent Seven (ICW, Fight Club: PRO, PROGRESS, RevPro, WCPW)
Jack Sexsmith (PROGRESS, GOOD)
Ashton Smith (FutureShock, PCW, Grand-Pro, Just Do, NWWA)
Charlie Sterling (fka Charlie Garrett) (OTT, PCW, ProEVO, RevPro, Pride, CSF, UPW, All-Star, ATTACK!)
T-Bone (PCW, FutureShock, Grand-Pro, HOP:E, ProEVO, Just Do, PROGRESS, IPW:UK)
Tiger Ali (4FW, CSF)
Wild Boar (ATTACK!, ICW, ProEVO, Chaos, Dragon-Pro, NGW, Fight Club: PRO, VII-Pro,     PROGRESS)
Kenny Williams (ICW, PBW, BCW, PWE, MEW, PCW)
Wolfgang (ICW, PBW, GPWA, PWE)
Stevie Xavier (aka Stevie Boy) (ICW, PBW, BCW, PWE, Southside)

Now the voting begins...

How does it work: Stage Two - The Rankings

Stage One was about nominating any 15 people who you felt deserved a place somewhere in the UKFF UK50. In Stage Two, however, I need to know who from the list of 50 you believe to be the out-and-out best. I need your own personal actual Top 15.

1) As with Stage One, send a PM to myself on the UKFF. E-mails/Facebook messages/etc will not be accepted. This is to prove that you are a UKFF member. This is a UKFF project, after all. Feel free to share your nominations in this thread if you so desire, for the purposes of generating discussion/debate, but I will only count lists that I receive in my PM Inbox.

2) Again, as with Stage One, your PM should contain a list of up to 15 wrestlers. The difference this time, however, is that your list must be ranked in order from 1 to 15 (1 being the best) on who you believe to be the best, based on the criteria we have been using throughout:

Upon what criteria are the rankings based?
All the way through the process, nominations and votes should be made based on British (and accepted others) wrestlers' in-ring performances you have seen on shows that took place between 1 January 2016 and 18 December 2016. The key points around which the rankings, nominations and votes are based include:
    - whose in-ring performances are the most gripping, convincing and enthralling?
    - who is consistently involved in great matches?
    - who is able to tell the best "story" through their performance?
    - whose performance is able to capture the crowd's interest and make them emotionally invested in the match?
    - who actually makes pro wrestling enjoyable to watch with their performances?

3) Obviously, you can only vote for wrestlers included in the list of 50 shown above.

4) You can vote for less than 15 if you like, but definitely no more. If possible, please also include your reasons for giving these wrestlers the ranking you have. This could be just a sentence to justify their selection or point out particular matches, promotions or shows upon which you have based your decision. As with previous years, I'll be using some of these comments in the eventual write-ups.

5) Make sure you get your PM in to me by 23:59 on Saturday 31 December 2016. Votes received after this deadline will not be counted.

Archived