Best Heel in 2016

Michael_3165

So who is your best heel performer in 2016? Particularly WWE but more widely if you watch more NJPW, TNA, ROH etc.

i have to say I have been really impressed with The Miz this year. His match at No Mercy and feud with Ziggler were brilliant and I thought the whole Talking Smack promo on Bryan was fantastic and harked back to the good ol' days where a heel wasn't supposed to illicit 'this is awesome' and cheers from the smart fans.

So who is your favourite heel at the moment and what would you suggest watching for some great heel-ish work?

• Paid Members

I'd agree with The Miz but I think Baron Corbin's heel work has been sorely underrated. He's still not great inside the ring but I find him entertaining enough, his character is thoroughly unlikable (stuff like costing SD the cruiser division because he doesn't want anymore 'pests' around) and the End of Days seems to be getting over as a legitimate finisher. I can see him being a big player on Smackdown in the future.

Lionheart in icw from Watching live. Has been booed from start of year to end despite having a lot of very good matches. Hard to do in front of a small and loyal crowd but he's managed it

Id give a shout to The Revival, simply because in this day and age to actually achieve the crowd reaction the office WANTS is very very hard, in a time when its cool to cheer heels and boo the sympathetic face they manage to brilliantly play the arseholes and get the crowd to a fever pitch whether it be for DIY or american alpha. On that basis i'd say they deserve great credit.

The End of Days is my favourite finisher right now full stop. I remember when he hit it on Aries on the outside of the ring in his NXT debut, looked absolutely fucking brutal

The Miz for me. Honestly I didn't think they could rehab him after that horrible face fun and then a year or so of being a nothing Heel. Then suddenly Maryse turns up, he beats Ryder for the belt and now I'd happily have him back as a main event guy.

Oh and End of Days is wonderful. On a similar point I think Apollo Crews is held back by having a woeful finisher

Archived