Royal Rumble Wishlist and Predictions

Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

You'd have to think that someone who's on NXT will debut at the Rumble and win. Especially with how over the brand is and with how often they mention "making history", it's inevitable that someone will come from there and do just that.

I wouldn't put it past them doing something like this. Especial with there now being two title, the rumble winner doesn't necessarily have to headline Wrestlemania. It can end up being a mid-card match and have the other title match or what ever as the main event.

Exactly. When they had the brand split before, it's not like every winner was actually in the main event. For example The Undertaker. He won the Rumble, was put in the middle of the card and the runner up, Shawn Michaels got the main event match. Edge won the Rumble too and got the opener at 'Mania. So I think it's possible for someone like Joe, Roode or Nakamura to make a name for themselves in that way.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're thinking of Del Rio, who won the Rumble and challenged Edge for the title at Mania in the opening match. The year Edge won the Rumble, his match was third from the top -- well fourth really, but one of the matches after it was a multi-diva piss break match.

What do people see as a WrestleMania main event? If it's Cena vs Undertaker, it could do with the SmackDown title. And for Raw, Finn Balor if he's fit is probably a better choice for the Raw title shot than anyone from NXT.

I'd agree with you if I didn't think Cena wasn't absolutely nailed on for this year.

What makes you think that?

I'm not having a go or anything, it's a genuine question. Personally I think the winner of the rumble is as wide open as its been for s long time, and that's even with Goldberg coming back and Lesnar looking to re-establish himself

• Paid Members

You're thinking of Del Rio, who won the Rumble and challenged Edge for the title at Mania in the opening match. The year Edge won the Rumble, his match was third from the top -- well fourth really, but one of the matches after it was a multi-diva piss break match.

Oh yeah it was the Del Rio one. My bad. I had completely forgot Del Rio won the Rumble. But yeah, even Edge didn't main event when he won anyway.

I'd agree with you if I didn't think Cena wasn't absolutely nailed on for this year.

What makes you think that?

I'm not having a go or anything, it's a genuine question. Personally I think the winner of the rumble is as wide open as its been for s long time, and that's even with Goldberg coming back and Lesnar looking to re-establish himself

I think on paper it's wide open as in there are a lot of potential winners but I can't see past them doing Taker vs Cena for the belt at Mania with Cena equalling the record in the most grand manner of possible.

We'll know for sure if they build Styles vs Taker for the rumble. If they don't run with that then it really is hugely open.

Because of Smackdown hosting the Elimination Chamber in Feb this makes me think that a Raw guy will win the Rumble match. 

You would assume that the winner of the EC match will get the title shot at WrestleMania. 

Obviously things can change but at the moment Cena is not booked for the Elimination Chamber PPV.

i have a few predictions for the royal rumble - and i may be so wrong but here they are anyway 

1 at the royal rumble i think in the royal rumble match goldberg will come out 1 or 2 just for his entrance 

2 goldberg will eliminate brock lesnar then brock jumps back in and eliminate's goldberg (this or no 3)

3 goldberg and brock eliminate each other simultaneously (this or no 2)

4 (pick 1 for rumble match winner) jericho will win rumble match face kevin owens at mania 33 (if kevin owens is still WWE universal champion at mania)

5 roman reigns to win the WWE Universal Championship before or the night of royal rumble 2017 event. if this happens braun stowman wins the royal rumble match and faces roman reigns at wrestlemania 33 for the WWE universal title

6 undertaker or cena to be in a match for WWE championship (most likely cena)

7 (bit random) tye dillinger royal rumble entrant no 10 

• 4 weeks later...

I hope that Goldberg and Lesnar are entered before the No.20 spot, to murder all the undercarders that start it off. The ones who've avoided Strowman up to that point anyway, who should have some interaction with these two for sure.

I also hope that my pick to win (providing Styles retains) Undertaker, enters at least in the low 20's and not bloody No.30.

But one of the most important things is that shitarses such as R-Truth or Swagger don't turn up anywhere near the last 10.

Assuming that Reigns, Owens, Styles and Cena aren't in it (almost certainly) the final stretch would be made up of Rollins, Triple H (or do the Tripper eliminating Seth angle early on), Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Jericho, Corbin, maybe both the Alpha boys for some interesting matchups, Big Show (so he can get eliminated impressively), The Miz (if he's not in a match, maybe even if he is and he lost to Ambrose), Balor (if he's ok) and of course Ellsworth.

I could see the opening selection being something along the lines of Zayn and Ziggler, followed by Rollins and Ambrose and then Triple H to get rid of Seth after the mini-Shield standoff, and eliminate himself. Then shitarses followed by Strowman before all hell breaks loose.

I still think it should be 40 men this year. There's plenty of cruiserweights to have some fun in the middle and then they can be sacrificed to the big guns.

• Awards Moderator

Even if he's straight in, straight out Dillinger as 10 would be a great idea.

I think there's a self-fulfilling curse with Dillinger and the Rumble this year whether they use him or not. More and more in recent weeks, crowds have been using the "10!" stuff all over the place - for countouts, corner punches, 'both men down' spots... it was happening to a silly level on NXT this week, even the announcers said something like 'the crowd chanting 10 means the guys can't hear what number the referee's actually up to'. It's only going to get worse now it's established as a Clever Thing To Do.

Anyway, I think so many will be expecting Dillinger at number 10 in the Rumble, whoever comes out instead will get booed like Mysterio in 2014. Every subsequent countdown will be "10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, BUZZ, boooo it's not him", and if Dillinger does come out and get eliminated every fucker else is going to get the "10" treatment the whole time because he got eliminated and they can't shout it at him the whole time instead.

I think it'd be great fun to have him come in at number 10 but I just can't see it ending very satisfactorily from a general point of view. Lesnar will start getting annoyed when every German suplex he hits gets a "10!" response, for one thing.

• Paid Members

Let's hope that the size of the crowd reduces the liklihood of all that carry on finding much of a footing. I sincerely hope there aren't going to be 60,000 people in San Antonio, that give enough of a fuck about Tye Dillinger in order to shout "10" like a bellend every 2 minutes.

Archived