205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

That list just shows how pointless a cruiserweight division is in this era.

Must be a confidence boost for its roster though, being on 205 Live.

"We're too shit and small even for Raw."

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

Agreed on both counts. Maverick is quickly turning into one of my favourite WWE things to watch - his segment this week was like the mega underdog Spud of old FWA - and Gable-Gallagher was a fantastic match. I’d say ‘build this show around Gable’, but then a guy that good should be on one of the main shows, but then the main shows would probably ruin him, so 205 it is. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

(Isaiah Swerve Scott does a move)

Vic: I’ve never seen anything like that before!

Aiden: Me neither!

(We saw Scott do this exact move in the video package immediately before this match, taken from the only other televised WWE match he’s had.)

Proving even the 205 Live announcers don’t watch 205 Live.

Good main event though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Me again. This week’s main event of Kanellis vs Drake Maverick is wonderful. Drake plays the pure underdog babyface in the classic Spud way that reminded me of the first time I saw him against James Tighe in FWA in 2004. By the time he makes his comeback he’s got the crowd in the palm of his hand. Lovely stuff.

Absolutely agreed. It brings a smile to my face to think of watching the guy back at Orpington Halls down the road from where I used to live, and now he's having a chance to win over a far bigger crowd and doing a fantastic job. He's genuinely one of the most entertaining guys on the roster now. Sure, I also saw guys like AJ, Joe, KO and Sami etc there, but there's definitely a sense of pride for someone homegrown to be getting the opportunity he is after so many years.

• 1 month later...