Sign in to follow this  
HarmonicGenerator

205 Live

Well that's what I've been hoping for since the main roster move. Damn. That guy is pure talent. I hope he gets a solid run on the show and gets some attention. Its a long time coming.

The thing that kills me about 205 Live is that they could have an amazing roster if they gave a fuck about the show. Problem is, they'd sooner "promote" someone from NXT to Raw or Smackdown to do absolutely nothing than send them to 205 Live to create a little buzz on that Network show. Given the right creative direction, the cruiserweight division could really be a big selling point on a WWE PPV. They were starting to do pretty well with the likes of Cedric, Murphy, and Ali, but they've moved Cedric to Raw to do nothing, Murphy to Smackdown to do nothing, and Ali doing slightly more than nothing on the blue brand.

Here's a list of guys they could conceivably use on 205 Live if they wanted to make the cruiserweights a proper thing:

Cedric, Murphy, Ali, Ricochet, Balor, Mysterio, Cole, O'Reilly, Fish, Strong, Gargano, Ciampa, Lio Rush, Bryan, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Noam Dar, Kushida...

I know they'd never use the likes of Balor, Mysterio or Bryan on 205 Live, but even a special appearance could boost viewership and the brand. Moving three of the above wrestlers would instantly inject life into the brand. Chad Gable is a good first step.

4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

That list just shows how pointless a cruiserweight division is in this era.

Must be a confidence boost for its roster though, being on 205 Live.

"We're too shit and small even for Raw."

Agreed on both counts. Maverick is quickly turning into one of my favourite WWE things to watch - his segment this week was like the mega underdog Spud of old FWA - and Gable-Gallagher was a fantastic match. I’d say ‘build this show around Gable’, but then a guy that good should be on one of the main shows, but then the main shows would probably ruin him, so 205 it is. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator