205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Murphy get a chance on the main roster, but I think it would kill 205 for me. There's probably only Cedric, Gulak and Gallagher I'm arsed about other than Murphy, and some of the guys they're featuring at the moment (Kanellis, Humberto) really don't do anything for me.

No idea who they're going to position as Nese's first challenger as it seems we've seen him vs everybody else a million times already. Nese/Lorcan maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

Missed last week's show and just watching this week's.  A 4 man commentary team?  Good grief.

They replaced Percy Watson with Aiden English, someone must have reminded them they need a token black on each commentary team so they've added (added, not replaced anyone) with David Otunga !

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Four man commentary team and a (presumably) soon to be central feud of Tony Nese vs Ariya Daivari. 205’s about to enter another of its ‘a chore to watch’ periods.

I'd imagine the dead crowds make it a chore enough as it is. You really are a brave bunch to continue to watch this show.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Honestly I figured it was because he was married to Jennifer Hudson but now they've split I'm really not sure.

I always assumed they held on to him initially for that reason, but she's not really been much of a name for years anyway has she?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I always assumed they held on to him initially for that reason, but she's not really been much of a name for years anyway has she?

Hey, now... she’s in the new film version of Cats that’s coming out this year. So there’s that.

• 1 month later...

The thing that kills me about 205 Live is that they could have an amazing roster if they gave a fuck about the show. Problem is, they'd sooner "promote" someone from NXT to Raw or Smackdown to do absolutely nothing than send them to 205 Live to create a little buzz on that Network show. Given the right creative direction, the cruiserweight division could really be a big selling point on a WWE PPV. They were starting to do pretty well with the likes of Cedric, Murphy, and Ali, but they've moved Cedric to Raw to do nothing, Murphy to Smackdown to do nothing, and Ali doing slightly more than nothing on the blue brand.

Here's a list of guys they could conceivably use on 205 Live if they wanted to make the cruiserweights a proper thing:

Cedric, Murphy, Ali, Ricochet, Balor, Mysterio, Cole, O'Reilly, Fish, Strong, Gargano, Ciampa, Lio Rush, Bryan, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Noam Dar, Kushida...

I know they'd never use the likes of Balor, Mysterio or Bryan on 205 Live, but even a special appearance could boost viewership and the brand. Moving three of the above wrestlers would instantly inject life into the brand. Chad Gable is a good first step.